Chan Ka-keung Ceajer (Traditional Chinese: 陳家強) GBS JP (born 1957), also referred to as KC Chan, is the Secretary for Financial Services and the Treasury in the Government of Hong Kong. He is also the ex officio chairman of the Kowloon-Canton Railway Corporation, and an ex officio member of the Hong Kong International Theme Parks board of directors.
K C Chan
|Secretary for Financial Services and the Treasury|
1 July 2007 – 30 June 2017
|Chief Executive||Donald Tsang|
|Preceded by||Frederick Ma|
|Succeeded by||James Lau|
|Dean of Business and Management, HKUST|
|Preceded by||Chan Yuk-shee|
|Succeeded by||Leonard Cheng|
|Born||10 February 1957|
|Alma mater||King's College, Hong Kong|
University of Chicago
Chan taught for nine years at Max M. Fisher College of Business in Ohio State University. In 1993 he was named Dean of Business/Management and Professor of Finance at the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology.
Before joining the government, Chan held a number of public service positions including chairman of the Consumer Council and director of the Hong Kong Futures Exchange. He was also a member of the Exchange Fund Advisory Committee.
List of publicationsEdit
- Chan, K.C., Karolyi, G.A. & Stulz, R.M., "Global financial markets and the risk premium on U.S. equity", Journal of Financial Economics 32 (2), 1992, pp. 137–167
- Chan, K.C., Chen, N. & Hsieh, D.A., "An exploratory investigation of the firm size effect", Journal of Financial Economics 14 (3), 1985, pp. 451–47
- Full name and year of birth information sourced from Library of Congress Authorities data, via corresponding WorldCat Identities linked authority file (LAF).
- Chan, Ceajer K.; Stulz, René M (1986). Risk and the Economy: A Finance Perspective. Ohio State University.
- http://www.cdeclips.com/en/hongkong/HK%27s_advantage_as_a_financial_center/fullstory_68238.html page5
- "Committee on Economic Development and Economic Cooperation with the Mainland" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 7 December 2006. Retrieved 26 July 2008.
- Professor K.C. Chan biodata from the Hong Kong government
| Dean of Business and Management, HKUST
| Chairman of Hong Kong Consumer Council
| Secretary for Financial Services and the Treasury