K. T. Muhammed
K. T. Muhammed (29 September 1927 – 25 March 2008), popularly known as KT, was a Malayalam playwright and screenwriter. He had scripted about 40 stage plays, including Idhu Bhumiyanu (This is the Earth), considered to be his masterpiece. He had also written screenplay for about 20 films, including Kandam Becha Kottu, Thurakkatha Vathil, Moodupadam, and Kadalpalam. KT was a recipient of Sangeet Natak Akademi Award.
K. T. Muhammed
|Born||29 September 1927|
|Died||25 March 2008(aged 80)|
(m. 1981; div. 1993)
K.T. was born in Manjeri in Malappuram district as the eldest son of a policeman and had very little formal education. After schooling he worked as a clerk in the postal department. In 1952 he got the first prize in an all India short story contest for his story Kannukal (Eyes) which was later translated into many foreign languages. He was an active member of Brothers Music Club of Kozhikode which was the training ground of many famous artists. He worked as the editor of Chithrakarthika weekly for a brief period of time. He started Sangamam Theatre a professional drama troupe which staged many of his famous plays both inside and outside the state. In 1971, he was nominated as the Chairman of Kerala Sangeetha Nadaka Academy and in 1974 as Chairman of Kerala State Film Development Corporation. He married to actress Zeenath and that relation ended in divorce. The couple has a son Jithin.
- Oorum Perum (A Person with Name and Dignity)
- Avar Theerumanikkunnu (They are Deciding)
- Karavatta Pashu (The Cow that Stopped Milking)
- Manushyan Karagruhathil (Man in Prison)
- Ithu Bhoomiyanu (This is the Earth)
- Acchanum Bappayum
- Naalkkavala (The Junction)
- Njan Pedikkunnu (I am Getting Frightened)
- Kalithokku (The Toy Gun)
- Operation Theatre
- Srishti (The Creation)
- Samharam (The Annihilation)
- Sakshatkaram (The Fulfillment)
- Samanwayam (The Union)
- Sanatanum (The Eternal)
- Vellapokkam (The Flood)
- Deepasthambam Mahashcharyam
- " Soothradharan"
- "അന്നെനിക്ക് 18, കെ.ടിക്ക് 54ഉം, 36 വയസ് മുതിർന്നയാളെ വിവാഹം കഴിക്കേണ്ടി വന്നതിനെ കുറിച്ച് നടി സീനത്ത്". Kerala Kaumudi. 11 January 2019. Retrieved 2 March 2019.
- "K.T. Mohammed passes away". The Hindu. 26 March 2008. Archived from the original on 29 March 2008. Retrieved 30 June 2009.
- "Tearful farewell to Kerala's master playwright". The Hindu. 27 March 2008. Retrieved 9 May 2010.
- "Akademi Awards - Drama". Sangeet Natak Akademi. Archived from the original on 5 October 2008. Retrieved 30 June 2009.
- Akhilavijnanakosam (An Encyclopaedia in Malayalam), D. C. Books, Kottayam.
- Pillai, G. Sankara (2008). Malayala Nadaka Sahithya Charithram. Kerala Sangeetha Nadaka Academy, Thrissur.
- "Writer and reformer". The Hindu. 24 July 2006. Archived from the original on 9 March 2007. Retrieved 9 May 2010.