Körfez is a town and district of the Kocaeli Province in the Marmara region of Turkey. Yarımca merged with Tütünçiftlik to become Körfez. It was created from eastern part of Gebze and western part of İzmit (Then called Center) districts in 1987. It has borders with Şile to north, Derince from east, Dilovası from southwest and Gebze from west. Its center was called Yarımca before a district center. Hereke and Kirazlıyalı were towns with municipality until abolition of their municipalities in 2009 and were converted in quarters. The mayor is İsmail Baran (AKP) and the district governor is Hasan Hüseyin Can.
|• District||356.08 km2 (137.48 sq mi)|
|• District density||390/km2 (1,000/sq mi)|
- "İl ve İlçe Yüzölçümleri" [Provincial and District surface area] (PDF) (in Turkish). Harita Genel Komutanlığı. Retrieved 2013-02-28.
- "Area of regions (including lakes), km²". Regional Statistics Database. Turkish Statistical Institute. 2002. Retrieved 2013-03-05.
- "Population of province/district centers and towns/villages by districts - 2012". Address Based Population Registration System (ABPRS) Database. Turkish Statistical Institute. Retrieved 2013-02-27.
- District governor's official website (in Turkish)
- District municipality's official website (in Turkish)