|Other names||Kothi Raj, Monkey man|
|Known for||Scaling walls|
Known as "Kothi Raju" or "Monkey King", Raj is famous for scaling the Chitradurga Fort without safety harnesses. He does not climb for sports, but to entertain the visitors to the fort.
He is also the only person to have scaled Karnataka's highest waterfall, the 830-foot Jog falls, climbing against the flow. On 13 September 2013, he free soloed the clock tower at Moorusavir Math in Hubli in just over 15 minutes. He did not use any harness, but used chalk for grip.
He has been called upon numerous times to rescue or retrieve the bodies of people who have fallen down Jog Falls, and on a rescue operation in 2018 he got stuck in a gorge overnight. [irrelevant citation]
- "Meet the Indian rival of spidey". India Today. 2 August 2009. Retrieved 5 September 2010.
- "Monkey man of India is a climbing ace". The Daily Telegraph. 14 October 2009.
- "Meet India's own Spiderman". Rediff. 14 October 2009. Retrieved 5 September 2010.
- ""Monkey King" Entertains Visitors at a Fort in southern India". NDTV. 30 July 2009. Archived from the original on 12 July 2012. Retrieved 5 September 2010.
- "'Monkey King' is a cynosure of all eyes at Chitradurga Fort". Khabra Express. 30 July 2009. Retrieved 5 September 2010.
- "இந்தியாவின் ஸ்பைடர் மேன் நான்தான்: மார்தட்டி சொல்லும் தமிழக இளைஞர்". Nakkeeran (in Tamil). 2 August 2009. Archived from the original on 21 July 2011. Retrieved 5 September 2010.
- "Jyothi Raj scales Jog Falls, hurt but unshaken". Sports Keeda. Retrieved 28 April 2013.
- Scaling clock tower with bare hands
- Debut as an actor
- Vidvat story cooked up by police: Mohammed Haris Nalapad's lawyer