Jurong Regional Library (Chinese: 裕廊区域图书馆; Malay: Perpustakaan Wilayah Jurong) is a public library located in Jurong East, Singapore. It is located next to JCube and is within walking distances of Jurong East Bus Interchange and Jurong East MRT station. It is the third regional library to be completed after the Tampines and Woodlands regional libraries and is currently the largest public library under the National Library Board network of public libraries.
|Jurong Regional Library|
|Established||1 August 1988 (as Jurong East Community Library)|
4 June 2004 (as Jurong Regional Library)
|Dissolved||June 2003(as Jurong East Community Library)|
|Location||21 Jurong East Central 1, Singapore 609732|
|Branch of||National Library Board|
The library was first opened on 1 August 1988 as Jurong East Community Library by Ho Kah Leong who was the Senior Parliamentary Secretary (Communications & Information) and Member of Parliament for Jurong Constituency. It was subsequently closed in June 2003 for upgrading works. After the completion of its refurbishment in 2004, it was re-opened as Jurong Regional Library on 4 June that year by the then Acting Minister for Education, Tharman Shanmugaratnam.
- "Jurong Regional Library". National Library Board. Retrieved 2015-12-16.
- "Jurong Regional Library - Fact Sheet" (PDF). National Library Board. Retrieved 16 December 2015.
- Ahmad, Nureza (2010). "Jurong Regional Library". SingaporeInfopedia. Archived from the original on 25 July 2019. Retrieved 3 September 2019.
- "Jurong library boasts an atrium". The Straits Times. 3 August 1988. Retrieved 23 December 2015 – via NewspaperSG.
- "Jurong East Community Library | Infopedia". eresources.nlb.gov.sg. Retrieved 2015-12-16.