This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Born||1 January 1926|
|Died||6 November 2019 (aged 93)|
Although he started his career with more traditional architecture, Lampens' visit to Expo 58 in Brussels changed his architectural style to brutalism and concrete, much like the styles of Le Corbusier and Ludwig Mies van der Rohe.
The most significant designs of Lampens included his personal house (built in 1960), the chapel of Our Blessed Lady of Kerselare in Audenarde (built in 1966), The Vandenhaute-Kiebooms House in Zingem (built in 1967), The Van Wassenhove House in Laethem-Saint-Martin (built from 1970–1974), the Eke Public Library (built in 1970), the House Derwael–Thienpont in Gavere (built in 1973), the House Lampens-Dierick in Gavere (built in 1990), and the House Velghe in Deinze (built in 2002).
Juliaan Lampens died on 6 November 2019 at the age of 93.
- "A fundamentalist vision of living a shift of perception: harsh spaces inspired by raw concrete bunkers become harmonious, classical private places". domusweb.it. 15 June 2010.
- "In memoriam: Juliaan Lampens (1926-2019)". wallpaper.com. 7 November 2019.
- "De woning van architect Lampens". Erfgoedbank Leie-Schelde (in Dutch). 2014. Archived from the original on 8 November 2017.
- "Architectenwoning Juliaan Lampens". Inventaris (in Dutch). 14 September 2009.
- "Bedevaartsoord en kapel Onze-Lieve-Vrouw van Kerselare". Inventaris (in Dutch). 8 October 2009.
- "13 Belgian brutalist gems". The Word Magazine. 29 September 2016.
- "The house Van Wassenhove, designed by Juliaan Lampens". Langs de Leie.
- "Juliaan Lampens: The Vandenhaute-Kiebooms House, 1964D–1967". #sosbrutalism.
- "Woning Van Wassenhove". Inventaris (in Dutch). 25 September 2017.
- "De bibliotheek van Eke". Erfgoedbank Leie-Schelde (in Dutch). Archived from the original on 29 May 2017.
- "Lampens, Juliaan". Inventaris (in Dutch).
- "Juliaan Lampens, belangrijke Vlaamse architect, overleden op 93-jarige leeftijd". metro (in Dutch). 6 November 2019.