Judy Green (mathematician)
Judith (Judy) Green is an American logician and historian of mathematics who studies women in mathematics. She is a founding member of the Association for Women in Mathematics; she has also served as its vice president, and as the vice president of the American Association of University Professors.
Green earned her bachelor's degree at Cornell University. The completed a master's degree at Yale University, and a Ph.D. at the University of Maryland, College Park. Her dissertation, supervised by Carol Karp and finished in 1972, was Consistency Properties for Uncountable Finite-Quantifier Languages. She belonged to the faculty of Rutgers University before moving to Marymount University in 1989. After retiring from Marymount in 2007, she became a volunteer at the National Museum of American History.
With Jeanne LaDuke, she wrote Pioneering Women in American Mathematics: The Pre-1940 PhD’s (American Mathematical Society and London Mathematical Society, 2009). a biographical study of the first women in the U.S. to earn doctorates in mathematics.
- Dr. Judy Green, Professor Emerita, Marymount University, retrieved 2017-11-09
- Blum, Lenore (September 1991), "A Brief History of the Association for Women in Mathematics: The Presidents' Perspectives", Notices of the American Mathematical Society, 38 (7): 738–774. See section "What we did ... (In the beginning): Atlantic City".
- Kenschaft, Patricia C. (2005), Change is Possible: Stories of Women and Minorities in Mathematics, American Mathematical Society, p. 131, ISBN 9780821837481
- Judy Green at the Mathematics Genealogy Project
- Reviews of Pioneering Women in American Mathematics:
- Charles Ashbacher (January 2009) MAA Reviews, 
- Amy Shell-Gellasch (2009), Isis 100 (4): 925–926, doi:10.1086/652073
- Amy Ackerberg-Hastings (February 2010), Historia Mathematica 37 (1): 124–128, doi:10.1016/j.hm.2009.09.001
- Margaret A. M. Murray (May 2010), The College Mathematics Journal 41 (3): 248–251, doi:10.4169/074683410x488755
- Andrea Blunck (2010), Mathematical Reviews, MR2464022
- Sorelle A. Friedler (June 2011), ACM SIGACT News 42 (2): 37–41, doi:10.1145/1998037.1998047