Juanita du Plessis
This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (May 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Juanita du Plessis (née Naude) is an Afrikaans country singer, born on 26 April in Windhoek, Namibia. She became known for her song Ska-Rumba. Du Plessis' singing career began in 1998 with her debut album Juanita. That year she won the CMA (Country Music Association in Namibia) awards as best singer, best songwriter and the Association's Award for outstanding achievement.
Juanita du Plessis
|Birth name||Juanita Naude|
|Born||26 April 1972|
Windhoek, South West Africa
|Occupation(s)||Singer, songwriter, presenter|
Her record sales total over 3 000 000. In 2010 she received a South African Music award in the category Best Afrikaans DVD for her 10 Year Hit Celebration Production. The DVD contains her most successful hits over the first 10 years of her singing career. She was also crowned the most popular female artist for the seventh consecutive year at the Huisgenoot's Tempo Awards ceremony in Johannesburg during 2011. In 2018 she celebrated 20 years in the music industry, releasing a greatest hits album 20 Jaar – Treffers van 2008–2018.
- Young Hearts (platinum)
- Ek en Jy (Ska-rumba) (3x platinum)
- Dis waar ek wil wees (2x platinum)
- Jy is... (3 x platinum)
- Altyd Daar (3x platinum)
- Bly by my (2x platinum)
- Jou Skaduwee (2x platinum)
- Vlieg Hoog (5x platinum)
- Volmaakte Kring (3x platinum)
b* 10 Jaar Platinum Treffers (4x platinum)
- Engel van my hart (4x platinum)
- Wees Lig (3x platinum) (SA No. 1)
- Hart vol Drome, duet with Theuns Jordaan (Platinum)
- Jy Voltooi My (2x Platinum) (SA No. 3)
- Nashville (Platinum) (SA No. 15)
- Toe Staan Die Wêreld Stil (Platinum) (SA No. 7)
- Koningskind (Platinum) (SA No. 7)
- Kaalvoetkinners (Juanita du Plessis, Franja du Plessis & Ruan Josh)
- 20 Jaar – Treffers van 2008–2018
- Dis Tyd (SA No. 1)
Several albums are in Afrikaans and the names of these are kept in the original language.
Juanita married Herman du Plessis and they have three children: Ruan, Mario and Franja (the last two are twins). Her brother, Pieter Naudé, is also an accomplished South African artist. Her oldest son Ruan is also an Afrikaans singer, and manager at Juanita Records. He performs under the stage name Ruan Josh. Her only daughter Franja is also a successful Afrikaans singer and won 2 Ghoema awards in 2017.
- "Juanita du Plessis – Music on Google Play". Google. Retrieved 4 June 2019.
- "Juanita still most popular". Channel24. Retrieved 30 October 2018.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 21 November 2013. Retrieved 17 November 2013. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "SA Top 20 (July 9, 2011)" (in Afrikaans). Recording Industry of South Africa. Archived from the original on 19 July 2011. Retrieved 3 August 2011. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "SA Top 20" (in Afrikaans). Recording Industry of South Africa. Archived from the original on 2013. Retrieved 25 October 2019. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "SA Top 20". SABC. Archived from the original on 2014. Retrieved 25 October 2019. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "CD: Juanita du Plessis – Jy voltooi my". huisgenoot.com. Retrieved 30 October 2018.
- "SA Top 20" (in Afrikaans). Recording Industry of South Africa. Archived from the original on 2000. Retrieved 25 October 2019. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "SA Top 20". SABC. Archived from the original on 10 September 2017. Retrieved 9 July 2019. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- https://web.archive.org/web/20150220201542/http://www.juanitaduplessis.com/ (Afrikaans)