Juan Manuel Dalmau Ramírez (born July 23, 1973) is a Puerto Rican politician, attorney and a former candidate for Governor of Puerto Rico for the Puerto Rican Independence Party. He was previously a member of the Senate of Puerto Rico.
|Member of the Puerto Rico Senate|
from the at-large district
January 2, 2017 – January 2, 2021
Juan Manuel Dalmau Ramírez
July 23, 1973
San Juan, Puerto Rico
|Political party||Puerto Rican Independence Party|
Juan Dalmau Ramírez graduated from Notre Dame High School. In 1995 he obtained a bachelor's degree from the University of Puerto Rico (UPR) in Political Sciences, and a Juris Doctor from the University of Puerto Rico School of Law three years later.
Juan Dalmau was elected editor-in-chief of the UPR Law School's Law Review Journal. He represented the University of Puerto Rico's Law Review in travels abroad, including a trip to Universitat de Barcelona, in Barcelona, Spain. After graduation, Dalmau served as a law clerk for the Chief Justice of the Puerto Rico Supreme Court. In 2000, Juan Dalmau graduated from Harvard University Law School’s Graduate Program, earning his LL.M.
Since then, Dalmau-Ramírez has served as a Legislative Adviser for Senator Manuel Rodríguez Orellana and Fernando Martín, before being elected to serve as Party Commissioner in Municipality Affairs and PIP Secretary General. Juan Dalmau-Ramírez currently serves as the Electoral Commissioner of the Puerto Rican Independence Party to Puerto Rico's State Electoral Commission (CEE), in addition to his position as Secretary General. He was the Puerto Rican Independence Party candidate for governor in 2012 and 2020. In 2020, several days after the Puerto Rico General Election, Dalmau announced he would join the political analysis team of local news chain Noticentro al amanecer.
Dalmau Ramirez is married and has two children.
- Latin American and Caribbean Congress in Solidarity with Puerto Rico’s Independence
- Manuel Rodríguez Orellana - PIP Secretary of Relations with North America
- Biografía de Juan Dalmau. Official website of the candidate to Governor by the Partido Independentista Puertorriqueno. Retrieved 8 November 2012.
- Juan Dalmau: Candidato a Gobernador por el PIP. WAPA-TV. San Juan, Puerto Rico. Retrieved 8 November 2012.
- "Review: FBI killing of Puerto Rican militant justified". Sun Journal. (AP). 10 August 2006. p. A7. Retrieved 31 August 2010.
- "Voto 2020: Entrevista al candidato del PIP, Juan Dalmau". Telemundo Puerto Rico (in Spanish). Retrieved 2021-03-01.
- "Juan Dalmau presenta su equipo de campaña 2012". www.noticel.com. Retrieved 2021-03-01.
- "Juan Dalmau será analista político de "Noticentro Al Amanecer"". El Nuevo Día (in Spanish). Retrieved 2021-03-01.
- Juan Dalmau Ramírez. El Nuevo Dia. San Juan, Puerto Rico. Retrieved 8 November 2012.
- Construyamos Juntos la Patria Nueva: Juan Manuel Dalmau Ramírez. "Biografia Juan Dalmau, Gobernador." (Timeline biography of Juan Dalmau.) 2020. Accessed 1 October 2020.