Juan Carlos Blum
|Juan Carlos Blum|
|Born||June 7, 1994|
Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico
|NASCAR Xfinity Series career|
|13 races run over 2 years|
|Best finish||40th (2013)|
|First race||2012 Dollar General 300 (Joliet)|
|Last race||2013 Dollar General 300 (Joliet)|
|Statistics current as of November 16, 2013.|
After beginning his racing career in karts, Blum began competing in the NASCAR Mini Stock Series in his native Mexico in 2009; he posted five wins in the series, with a best finish in the standings of second in 2010. He moved to the United States to continue his racing career in 2011, driving for Revolution Racing in late model events in Virginia and the Carolinas; he also competed in a single race in the NASCAR Corona Series during the year, having made two starts in the series in 2010.
After the 2011 season Blum tested an ARCA Racing Series car at Daytona International Speedway; during 2012 he competed in the Corona Series, finishing 18th in points with a best finish of 9th. He also made his debut in ARCA competition, competing in two races with a best finish of 15th, and drove in three Nationwide Series events for Rick Ware Racing, finishing 26th in his series debut at Chicagoland Speedway.
In February 2013, it was announced that Blum would compete full-time in the Nationwide Series for Rick Ware Racing, driving the No. 15. Blum wound up competing in 10 races during the season, with a best finish of 26th at Phoenix International Raceway.
Motorsports career resultsEdit
(key) (Bold – Pole position awarded by qualifying time. Italics – Pole position earned by points standings or practice time. * – Most laps led.)
|NASCAR Nationwide Series results|
|2012||Rick Ware Racing||41||Chevy||DAY||PHO||LVS||BRI||CAL||TEX||RCH||TAL||DAR||IOW||CLT||DOV||MCH||ROA||KEN||DAY||NHA||CHI||IND||IOW||GLN||MON||BRI||ATL||RCH||CHI
|Mike Harmon Racing||74||Chevy||RCH
|Rick Ware Racing||23||Ford||CHI
- "Juan Carlos Blum incursiona en la Mini Nascar". El Informador. Guadalajara, Mexico. Accessed 2013-02-17. (in Spanish)
- "Blum será piloto de los Mini Stocks". Organizacion Editorial Mexicana, February 15, 2009. Accessed 2013-02-17. (in Spanish)
- "Juan Carlos Blum sueña con EU". Organizacion Editorial Mexicana, December 11, 2010. Accessed 2013-02-17. (in Spanish)
- "Juan Carlos Blum se va a Estados Unidos". Organizacion Editorial Mexicana, January 18, 2011. Accessed 2013-02-17. (in Spanish)
- "Juan Carlos Blum hará pruebas en Daytona". El Informador, December 14, 2011. Guadalajara, Mexico. Accessed 2013-02-17. (in Spanish)
- Official Driver Standings - NASCAR Corona Series[permanent dead link]. NASCAR.com. Accessed 2013-02-17.
- Juan Carlos Blum - ARCA Racing Series Results. Racing-Reference. USA Today Sports Media Group. Accessed 2013-02-17.
- Juan Carlos Blum - 2012 NASCAR Nationwide Series Results. Racing-Reference. USA Today Sports Media Group. Accessed 2013-02-17.
- Eddinger, Mark. "Juan Carlos Blum Will Make History with Rick Ware Racing in the 2013 Nationwide Series". Motorsports 101, February 16, 2013. Accessed 2013-02-17.
- "Juan Carlos Blum - 2013 NASCAR Nationwide Series Results". Racing-Reference. USA Today Sports Media Group. Retrieved 2013-11-27.
- "Juan Carlos Blum - 2012 NASCAR Nationwide Series Results". Racing-Reference. USA Today Sports Media Group. Retrieved 2013-11-27.