Journey to Shiloh
This article relies largely or entirely on a single source. (February 2012)
Journey to Shiloh is a 1968 American Western film directed by William Hale and starring James Caan, Michael Sarrazin and Brenda Scott. The film is based on the 1960 novel of the same name by Will Henry first published in 1960.
|Journey to Shiloh|
|Directed by||William Hale|
|Produced by||Howard Christie|
|Screenplay by||Gene L. Coon|
|Based on||Journey to Shiloh by Will Henry|
|Music by||David Gates|
|Cinematography||Enzo A. Martinelli|
|Edited by||Edward W. Williams|
|Distributed by||Universal Pictures|
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (December 2013)
Seven young Texans in the Confederate army during the American Civil War, The Concho County Comanches, journey to Shiloh, Tennessee where a major battle is about to take place. Along the way they encounter many perilous adventures.
- James Caan as Buck Burnett
- Michael Sarrazin as Miller Nalls
- Brenda Scott as Gabrielle DuPrey
- Don Stroud as Todo McLean
- Paul Petersen as J.C. Sutton
- Michael Burns as Eubie Bell
- Michael Vincent as Little Bit Lucket
- Harrison Ford as Willie Bill Bearden
- John Doucette as Gen. Braxton Bragg
- Noah Beery as 1st Sergeant Mercer Barnes
- Tisha Sterling as Airybelle Sumner
- James Gammon as Tellis Yeager
- Brian Avery as Carter Claiborne
- Clarke Gordon as Col. Mirabeau Cooney
- Robert Pine as Collins
- Sean Kennedy as Curtis Claiborne
- Wesley Lau as Colonel Boykin
- Chet Stratton as Mr. Claiborne
- Bing Russell as Greybeard
- Lane Bradford as Case Pettibone
- Rex Ingram as Jacob
- Charles Lampkin as Edward
- Myron Healey as Sheriff Briggs
- Eileen Wesson as Ella Newsome
- Albert Popwell as Samuel
TV Guide gave it a negative review, scoring it 2/5, and finding it too talky despite a small number of good action scenes; they also found attempts to establish parallels to the Vietnam War did not work.
- "Journey to Shiloh". TV Guide.
- Lisanti, Tom (2012-06-21). Fantasy Femmes of Sixties Cinema. p. 274. ISBN 9781476601168.
- Henry, Will (1960). Journey to Shiloh (1st ed.). New York City: Random House. ASIN B000JZGXS4.
- "Journey to Shiloh Review". The New York Times. New York City: The New York Times Company. Retrieved 2012-02-12.
- Journey to Shiloh on IMDb
- Journey to Shiloh at Rotten Tomatoes
- Journey to Shiloh at AllMovie
- Journey to Shiloh at the TCM Movie Database
- Journey to Shiloh at the American Film Institute Catalog
|This 1960s Western film–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|