Journal of Combinatorial Theory
The Journal of Combinatorial Theory, Series A and Series B, are mathematical journals specializing in combinatorics and related areas. They are published by Elsevier. Series A is concerned primarily with structures, designs, and applications of combinatorics. Series B is concerned primarily with graph and matroid theory. The two series are two of the leading journals in the field and are widely known as JCTA and JCTB.
|ISO 4||J. Comb. Theory|
|MathSciNet||J. Combin. Theory|
An electronic, open access journal, Combinatorial Theory, was announced in 2020, that aims to be a continuation of JCTA independently from Elsevier. Most of the editorial board of JCTA will resign at the end of 2020 and transition to Combinatorial Theory.
Influential articles that appeared in the journal include Katona's elegant proof of the Erdős–Ko–Rado theorem and a series of papers spanning over 500 pages, appearing from 1983 to 2004, by Neil Robertson and Paul D. Seymour on the topic of graph minors, which together constitute the proof of the graph minor theorem. Two articles proving Kneser's conjecture, the first by László Lovász and the other by Imre Bárány appeared back-to-back in the same issue of the journal.
- Journal of Combinatorial Theory, Series A - Elsevier
- Journal of Combinatorial Theory, Series B - Elsevier
- They are acknowledged on the journals' title pages and Web sites. See Editorial board of JCTA; Editorial board of JCTB.
- "Combinatorial Theory". math.sfsu.edu. Retrieved 2020-09-14.
- "Another mass resignation of an editorial board has happened". Twitter. Retrieved 2020-09-14.
- "Combinatorial Theory: a new mathematician-owned and fully open access journal".
- "Website of the new journal".
- Katona, G.O.H. (1972), "A simple proof of the Erdös-Chao Ko-Rado theorem", Journal of Combinatorial Theory, Series B, 13 (2): 183–184, doi:10.1016/0095-8956(72)90054-8
- Robertson, Neil; P.D. Seymour (1983), "Graph Minors. I. Excluding a forest", Journal of Combinatorial Theory, Series B, 35 (1): 39–61, doi:10.1016/0095-8956(83)90079-5
- Robertson, Neil; P.D. Seymour (2004), "Graph Minors. XX. Wagner's conjecture", Journal of Combinatorial Theory, Series B, 92 (2): 325–357, doi:10.1016/j.jctb.2004.08.001
- Lovász, László (1978), "Kneser's conjecture, chromatic number, and homotopy", Journal of Combinatorial Theory, Series A, 25 (3): 319–324, doi:10.1016/0097-3165(78)90022-5
- Bárány, Imre (1978), "A short proof of Kneser's conjecture", Journal of Combinatorial Theory, Series A, 25 (3): 325–326, doi:10.1016/0097-3165(78)90023-7