This disambiguation page is currently linked from a large number of articles. (September 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
A journal, from the Old French "journal" (meaning "daily"), can refer to several things. In its original meaning, it refers to a daily record of activities, but the term has evolved to mean any record of activities, regardless of time elapsed between entries, such as a
- Diary, a record with reporting on what has happened over the course of a day or other period
- Daybook, also known as general journal, a daily record of financial transactions
- Logbook, a record of events important to the operation of a vehicle, facility, or otherwise
- Transaction journal, a chronological record of data processing
- Academic journal, a generic term referring to academic and scholarly periodicals in general
- Magazine, a generic catch-all term referring to non-academic or scholarly periodicals in general
- Newspaper, a periodical covering general news and current events in politics, business, sports and art
Journal may also refer to:
Arts and entertainmentEdit
- The Journal (disambiguation), several publications and TV programs that carry this name
- List of journals (disambiguation)
| This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Journal.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.