Josh Colle (listen) is a Canadian politician. He was the Councillor for Ward 15 on Toronto City Council for the years 2010-2018. Colle was the Chair of the Toronto Transit Commission during the period 2014-2018.
|Toronto City Councillor for (Ward 15) Eglinton—Lawrence|
December 1, 2010 – December 1, 2018
|Preceded by||Howard Moscoe|
|Succeeded by||Mike Colle (Ward 8)|
|Chair of the Toronto Transit Commission|
December 1, 2014 – December 13, 2018
|Preceded by||Karen Stintz|
|Succeeded by||Jaye Robinson|
|Chair of the Planning and Growth Management Committee|
August 7, 2014 – November 30, 2014
|Preceded by||Peter Milczyn|
|Succeeded by||David Shiner|
|Occupation||Energy and Infrastructure Executive|
As City Councillor Colle served as a director on many high profile city agency boards, including the board of Toronto Hydro. In March 2012, he was elected by Toronto City Council to serve as a commissioner of the Toronto Transit Commission and was subsequently made chair in December, 2014.
He was instrumental in petitioning Metrolinx to include a station at Oakwood Avenue in their final plans for the Eglinton Crosstown LRT. It was confirmed that the Crosstown would feature a station at Oakwood in October 2012.
In 2018, a month after registering as a candidate in the 2018 municipal election, Colle withdrew his registration and announced his retirement from politics. His father Mike Colle subsequently announced his candidacy for councillor in the 2018 municipal election and ran in the new enlarged Ward 8 Eglinton Lawrence, comprising the his son former Ward 15 held by and Ward 16 represented by Christin Carmichael Greb. Mike Colle defeated the incumbent councillor for former Ward 16 Christin Carmichael Greb.
|2014 Toronto election, Ward 15|
|James Van Zandwijk||422||2.15%|
|2010 Toronto election, Ward 15|
- "Changed council faces new mayor". Toronto Star, October 25, 2010.
- Pelley, Lauren (Jul 25, 2018). "Mike Colle, former councillor, MPP hoping for council return as son Josh Colle retires from municipal politics". CBC News. Retrieved Apr 10, 2019.
- "TTC The Board". Toronto Transit Commission.
- "Modified LRT master agreement puts Oakwood station on the map: Colle". York Guardian, October 26, 2012.
- "TTC chair Josh Colle retiring from politics after 8 years on city council". Toronto Star, July 25, 2018.
- "Toronto election 2018: Ward 8 Eglinton–Lawrence - Toronto | Globalnews.ca". globalnews.ca. 2018-10-13. Retrieved 2019-04-10.
- City of Toronto 2014 elections result page
- City of Toronto elections page Archived 2010-10-26 at the Wayback Machine