Joseph D. Brown
Joseph D. Brown (born 1970) is an American lawyer who currently serves as the United States Attorney for the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas. He was formerly the District Attorney for Grayson County, Texas. Brown served as Grayson County's District Attorney for 17 years. He previously served as an associate attorney for the law firm of Cowles and Thompson and on the state board of the Texas Juvenile Justice Department. Brown received his Bachelor of Arts from the University of Texas in 1995 and his Juris Doctor from Dedman School of Law. Brown is the son of former District Judge David Brown and the nephew of the late U.S. District Judge Paul Neeley Brown. On February 15, 2018, his nomination to become a U.S. Attorney was confirmed by voice vote. He was sworn in on February 26, 2018.
Joseph D. Brown
|United States Attorney for the Eastern District of Texas|
|Assumed office |
February 26, 2018
|Preceded by||John Malcolm Bales|
|Born||1970 (age 48–49)|
Sherman, Texas, U.S.
|Education||University of Texas (B.A.) |
Dedman School of Law (J.D.)
- "President Donald J. Trump Announces Eighth Wave of United States Attorney Nominations". The White House. November 1, 2017. Retrieved 26 January 2018. This article incorporates text from this source, which is in the public domain.
- Stewart, Steve (November 2, 2017). "Trump to nominate Grayson County DA Joe Brown for U.S. Attorney". KJAS. Retrieved 26 January 2018.
- Hutchins, Michael (November 1, 2017). "Joe Brown nominated for U.S. Attorney position". Herald Democrat. Retrieved 26 January 2018.
- Council, John (November 1, 2017). "Trump's Latest Texas US Attorney Picks Get Good Reviews from Criminal Defense Bar". Texas Lawyer. Law.com. Retrieved 26 January 2018.
- "Joseph D. Brown sworn in as 35th United States Attorney for the Eastern District of Texas". The Morning Telegraph. February 26, 2018. Retrieved 9 March 2018.