Joseph C. Papa
Joseph C. Papa (born 1955/56) is an American businessman, the chairman and chief executive officer (CEO) of Bausch Health (formerly known as Valeant Pharmaceuticals) from May 2, 2016 succeeding J. Michael Pearson.
Joseph C. Papa
|Born||1955/1956 (age 63–64)|
|Residence||New Jersey, US|
|Alma mater||University of Connecticut |
|Salary||US$62.7 million (8 months in 2016)|
|Title||Chairman and CEO, Bausch Health|
|Predecessor||J. Michael Pearson|
|Board member of||Bausch Health, Smith & Nephew|
Papa received a bachelor's degree in Pharmacy from the University of Connecticut in 1978, and an MBA degree in Marketing and Finance from Northwestern University's Kellogg Graduate School of Management in 1983.
Prior to joining Valeant, Papa was the chairman and CEO of Perrigo, an American manufacturer of private label over-the-counter pharmaceuticals, from 2006 to 2016. From December 2004 to October 2006, Papa was chairman and CEO of the pharmaceutical and technologies services of Cardinal Health, an Ohio health care services company. From 2001 to 2004, he was president and chief operating officer of Watson Pharmaceuticals, Inc. He has also worked at Novartis and Pharmacia/Searle, where he launched the medications Celebrex, Diovan, and Lotrel.
In March 2017, it was reported that Papa received US$62.7 million in total compensation for his first eight months of work in 2016.
As of May 2015, Papa had been married for 32 years.
- Joseph C. Papa. "Joseph C. Papa: Executive Profile & Biography - Businessweek". Bloomberg.com. Retrieved April 29, 2016.
- Steele, Anne (April 25, 2016). "Valeant Names Joseph Papa as New CEO". WSJ. Retrieved April 29, 2016.
- "#161 Joseph C Papa". Forbes. Retrieved May 10, 2016.
- "Valeant new ceo pay package - Business Insider". Uk.businessinsider.com. March 31, 2016. Retrieved April 29, 2016.
- "Valeant Names Joseph C. Papa To Be Chairman And Chief Executive Officer Of Valeant Pharmaceuticals". ir.valeant.com/. Valeant Pharmaceuticals International, Inc. April 25, 2016. Retrieved May 10, 2016.
- "Valeant paid CEO Joe Papa US$63M in compensation for eight months of work — but mostly in company stock | Financial Post". Business.financialpost.com. Retrieved June 19, 2017.
- "Perrigo's Joe Papa says shareholders, Allegan truly different". mlive.com. Retrieved October 3, 2018.