Josef "Sprite" Ferstl (born 29 December 1988) is a German World Cup alpine ski racer, focusing on the speed events of Downhill and Super-G. He has competed in three World Championships and the 2018 Winter Olympics. Ferstl made his World Cup debut in 2007 and has two victories, both in Super-G.
Ferstl in 2018
|Born||29 December 1988|
Traunstein, Bavaria, West Germany
|Height||1.79 m (5 ft 10 in)|
|World Cup debut||23 February 2007 (age 18)|
|Teams||1 – (2018)|
|Teams||3 – (2015–19)|
|Seasons||8 – (2013–2020)|
|Wins||2 – (2 SG)|
|Podiums||2 – (2 SG)|
|Overall titles||0 – (23rd in 2019)|
|Discipline titles||0 – (6th in SG, 2018)|
His father is West German alpine racer Sepp Ferstl, who won the Hahnenkamm downhill in Kitzbühel in 1978 and 1979. Forty years later in 2019, the younger Ferstl became the first German to win a Super-G at Kitzbühel, and the trophy was presented to him by his father.
World Cup resultsEdit
- Standings through 8 December 2019
|2018||15 December 2017||Val Gardena, Italy||Super-G||1st|
|2019||27 January 2019||Kitzbühel, Austria||Super-G||1st|
World Championship resultsEdit
- "Men's Super-G Official Results" (PDF). Retrieved 6 February 2015.
- "Ferstl is first German skier to win super-G in Kitzbuehel". ESPN. Associated Press. 27 January 2019. Retrieved 28 January 2019.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Josef Ferstl.|
- Josef Ferstl at the International Ski Federation
- Josef Ferstl World Cup standings at the International Ski Federation
- Josef Ferstl at Ski-DB Alpine Ski Database
- Josef Ferstl at Head Skis
- Josef Ferstl at the International Olympic Committee
- Josef Ferstl at the Deutscher Olympischer Sportbund (in German)
- Josef Ferstl at the Deutscher Skiverband (in German)
|This biographical article relating to alpine skiing in Germany is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|