Joris de Man
Joris de Man
Joris de Man at Game Music Connect in 2013
Joris Maarten de Man
30 June 1972
His first work involving video games was chip music written for Atari computers under the moniker "Scavenger." He was also employed as a freelance composer writing for CD-i games in The Netherlands. He spent three years working in London for the Bitmap Brothers on sound design and music composition. In 1999 he returned to the Netherlands and found work with Guerrilla Games.
He has also written music for various film and television projects. He also lead the composition of the soundtrack for Horizon Zero Dawn, along with The Flight and Niels van der Leest, and lately De Man has composed a new soundtrack for the Vainglory new 5v5 game mode.
- "Game Music :: Interview with Joris de Man (September 2010)". Squareenixmusic.com. 22 February 2011. Retrieved 5 September 2013.
- "Joris De Man Behind Killzone 3 Soundtrack". Playstationlifestyle.net. 24 August 2010. Retrieved 5 September 2013.
- "Scavenger / Synergy - Demozoo". demozoo.org.
- "Dolby - Interview with Killzone Sound Designer, Joris de Man". Dolby.com. Archived from the original on 13 September 2014. Retrieved 22 September 2014.
- "Joris de Man Interview: Killzone and Beyond". 31 August 2010.
- "Joris de Man wins Ivor Novello award". Screenedmusic.com. 9 June 2010. Retrieved 5 September 2013.
- "The Ivors 2018". The Ivors. 31 May 2018. Retrieved 12 January 2019.