Jordan Cunningham (born December 6, 1977) is an American politician representing the 35th district in the California State Assembly. He is a Republican who was elected in November 2016. Cunningham's district encompasses San Luis Obispo County and portions of Santa Barbara County. Prior to being elected to the state assembly, he was a school board trustee for the Templeton Unified School District and a Deputy District Attorney for San Luis Obispo County.
|Member of the California State Assembly|
from the 35th district
|Assumed office |
December 5, 2016
|Preceded by||Katcho Achadjian|
|Born||December 6, 1977|
San Luis Obispo County, California
Cunningham strengthened laws around sexual assault(AB 484) and introduced legislation that would improve background checks of law enforcement agencies (AB 1339) and strengthen the safety of passengers while using ride-sharing services (AB 2986).
Cunningham wrote legislation to increase protection orders for victims of human trafficking (AB 1735),  and he gave trafficking victims more rights when it came time to testify in court (AB 1736). Cunningham also gave schools more choice in teaching children about the dangers of trafficking (AB 1868).
AB 653 was introduced by Cunningham and signed into law to would help open clinics in underserved parts of the community and increase access to healthcare.
In 2017 and 2018, Cunningham had three bills signed into law to help small businesses in California and the Central Coast. AB 675 would create a state liaison to advocate for employers. AB 522 & AB 1986 gives winemakers and distillers along the Central Coast and throughout California more flexibility in raising much-needed funds by allowing them to use donated wine and spirits.
Cunningham has been a vocal proponent for ensuring the longterm health of the environment. He has publicly opposed executive action and rollbacks by the EPA on a number of critical environmental issues. 
Cunningham, along with other Central Coast Legislators worked to lessen the impact from the closure of the Diablo Canyon Nuclear Power Plant. Cunningham and State Senator Bill Monning authored legislation that would help employees who were losing their jobs. Retention programs and job training. They also ensured an $85 million settlement for San Luis Obispo County to lessen the impact from the closure.
In the 2018 election, Cunningham won re-election to the State Assembly. In San Luis Obispo County, he won with 55% of the vote. In Santa Barbara County, he won with 59% of the vote. On December 3, 2018, he was sworn in for his second term representing the Central Coast and the 35th Assembly District.
|California's 35th State Assembly district election, 2018|
|Republican||Jordan Cunningham (incumbent)||62,348||55.5|
|Republican||Jordan Cunningham (incumbent)||97,749||55.9|
Cunningham was elected to the California State Assembly in 2016 with 55% of the vote. After being elected, Cunningham detailed his priorities for office as increasing water infrastructure on the Central Coast by using Prop 1 funds. He is focused on improving access to Career Technical Education, and improving small business climate in California and on the Central Coast.
|California State Assembly election, 2016|
|Libertarian||Dominic Robert Rubini||4,142||3.4|
- Publishing, Access. "Assemblyman Cunningham announces 2017 legislative agenda". pasoroblesdailynews.com.
- "24 New Calif. Laws Just Signed By Gov. Jerry Brown". Redwood City-Woodside, CA Patch. 23 July 2017.
- By. "Governor signs Jordan Cunningham bill to fight human trafficking". sanluisobispo.
- By. "Jordan Cunningham introduces 4 Assembly bills to fight human trafficking". sanluisobispo.
- Day, Megan (6 March 2019). "California State Assemblyman Jordan Cunningham proposes two anti-sex trafficking bills". Mustang News.
- BUBNASH, KASEY. "New law allows Lompoc and Santa Barbara health care systems to collaborate - Cover Story - Santa Maria Sun, CA". www.santamariasun.com.
- "224 New Calif. Laws Signed, 28 Vetoed In Last 9 Days: LIST". Palm Desert, CA Patch. 8 October 2017.
- Cunningham, Office of Assemblyman Jordan. "Jordan Cunningham takes stand against Trump's EPA emission rollbacks". sanluisobispo.
- Johnson, Peter. "Bill to fund Diablo worker retention program is critical for decommission, PG&E and state reps say". New Times San Luis Obispo.
- Elgrably, Staff Writer Jordan. "Templeton school district seeks new trustee to replace Jordan Cunningham". pasoroblesdailynews.com.
- "Jordan Cunningham". Ballotpedia.
- By. "Jordan Cunningham, winner of 35th District state Assembly race, talks about his goals". sanluisobispo.