Jones & Bartlett Learning(Redirected from Jones & Bartlett Publishers)
The neutrality of this article is disputed. (September 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Jones & Bartlett Learning, a division of Ascend Learning, is a provider of instructional, assessment and learning-performance management solutions for the secondary, post-secondary, and professional markets. The name comes from Donald W. Jones, the company's founder, and Arthur Bartlett, the first editor.
|Parent company||Ascend Learning|
|Country of origin||United States|
|Headquarters location||Burlington, Massachusetts|
|Nonfiction topics||Educational & Professional Publishing|
|Revenue||US$84 million (2007)|
Founded by Donald W. Jones and Arthur Bartlett in 1983, the original editorial office was located in Woods Hole, Massachusetts, and the company's corporate logo is the local Nobska lighthouse. In 1986, Jones and Bartlett acquired the Wadsworth Health Sciences publishing program from The Thomson Corporation, which moved the company into nursing and health sciences.
In 1988, the company was named by New England Business Magazine as one of the 100 fastest-growing companies in New England. In 1989, they opened their first office in London. In 1993, they opened an office in Singapore, and an office in Toronto in 1994. Their corporate headquarters moved to Sudbury, Massachusetts in 1995. In 2011, Jones & Bartlett Learning moved its offices in Sudbury and Maynard, Massachusetts to Burlington, Massachusetts, sharing a building with other Ascend Learning corporate offices.
- "Jones & Bartlett Learning". Ascend Learning. Retrieved 1 January 2015.
- "Company Overview". Jones & Barlett Learning. Retrieved 20 March 2015.
- "Our Brands". Jones & Bartlett Learning. Retrieved 20 March 2015.
- "Industry ranking". Jones and Bartlett. Archived from the original on 2 May 2007.
- "Jones & Bartlett Learning expands into new office space in Burlington". Jones & Bartlett Learning. 12 July 2011. Retrieved 20 March 2015.