Jon Landau (film producer)
This article relies largely or entirely on a single source. (July 2018)
Jon Landau (//; born July 23, 1960) is an American film producer, known for producing Titanic (1997), a film which won him an Oscar and earned $2.19 billion in gross revenues, and Avatar (2009), which earned $2.79 billion. As of 2019[update], these are the second and third highest-grossing films of all time.
Landau in 2010
|Born||July 23, 1960|
New York City, New York, U.S.
|Education||University of Southern California|
He is best known for producing Titanic (1997), a film which won him an Academy Award and became the highest-grossing film of all time, the first ever to reach $1 billion in gross revenues. The film reached $1.84 billion, more than double the $914 million of then-record-holder Jurassic Park (1993). Titanic later went on to gross another $300 million in 2012, pushing the film's worldwide total to $2.18 billion, becoming the second film to ever hit $2 billion, as a result.
In 2009, Landau and James Cameron produced the science fiction blockbuster Avatar, which has since surpassed their earlier collaboration, Titanic, to become the new highest-grossing film of all time, with $2.79 billion (now second to Avengers: Endgame). Avatar earned Landau his second Academy Award nomination, losing that year to The Hurt Locker.
- Florida Film Critics Circle Award – Titanic – 1997
- Golden Globe Award – Titanic – 1997
- MTV Movie Award – Titanic – 1997
- Academy Award – Titanic – 1997
- Producers Guild of America Darryl F Zanuck Theatrical Motion Picture Producer of the Year Award – Titanic – (1997)
- Nickelodeon Kid's Choice Award – Titanic – 1997
- People Choice Award – Titanic – 1997
- Golden Globe Award – Avatar – 2009
- Ahmet Ertegun Award - 2020
- Campus Man (1987) – Producer
- Honey, I Shrunk the Kids (1989) – Co-producer
- Dick Tracy (1990) – Co-producer
- Titanic (1997) – Producer, with James Cameron
- Solaris (2002) – Producer, with James Cameron
- Avatar (2009) – Producer, with James Cameron
- Alita: Battle Angel (2019) – Producer, with James Cameron
- Avatar 2 (2021) – Producer, with James Cameron
- Avatar 3 (2023) – Producer, with James Cameron
- Pat Sierchio (March 1, 2010). "Producer Landau: Interpreter of Dreams". JewishJournal.com. Retrieved June 8, 2013.
- France, Lisa Respers. "The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame 2020 inductees are..." CNN. Retrieved 2020-01-17.
|This article about an American film producer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|