Born in Brooklyn, New York, Caramanica received his bachelor's degree from Harvard University in 1997, after which he did PhD work at Goldsmiths, University of London. He has published articles in various magazines and newspapers, including Rolling Stone and Spin, before becoming a senior contributing writer for XXL. In 2006, he left XXL to become the music editor for Vibe, a position he held until leaving the magazine in 2008. He began working for the New York Times in 2010, after previously having freelanced for the paper. He also hosts the music podcast Popcast.
- "Jon Caramanica". The New York Times. Retrieved 2017-08-24.
- "Vibe Adds Four New Staffers". Adweek. 2006-08-09. Retrieved 2017-08-24.
- Ex, Kris (2014-02-20). "A Phony Article Epitomizes Hip-Hop's Struggling Underclass". NPR.org. Retrieved 2017-08-24.
- Koblin, John (2008-03-18). "Don't Stop the Music! Times Hunts at Slate, Vibe for New Pop Critic". Observer. Retrieved 2017-08-24.
- "Kanye West: You Asked, We Answered". The New York Times. 2018-06-27. Retrieved 2018-09-01.
|This article about an American journalist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|