John Nichols (journalist)
John Harrison Nichols (born February 3, 1959) is a liberal / progressive American journalist and author. He is the National Affairs correspondent for The Nation and associate editor of The Capital Times. Books authored or co-authored by Nichols include The Genius of Impeachment and The Death and Life of American Journalism.
John Nichols (2015)
John Harrison Nichols
February 3, 1959
|Alma mater||University of Wisconsin–Parkside|
Columbia University Graduate School of Journalism
Nichols holds a master's degree from Columbia University Graduate School of Journalism and bachelor's degree from the University of Wisconsin–Parkside. He used to be the national correspondent for newspapers in Toledo and Pittsburgh. He lives in Madison and works as an editor for The Capital Times. Nichols is Washington correspondent for The Nation and writes "The Beat" blog for the magazine. He is a regular contributor to In These Times and The Progressive. He appears in the documentary films Outfoxed, Unprecedented: The 2000 Presidential Election, Orwell Rolls in His Grave, and Call It Democracy. Nichols is co-founder, with Robert McChesney and Josh Silver, of Free Press.
Nichols is a regular radio and TV guest of many liberal and progressive talk shows, including The Ed Show with Ed Schultz on MSNBC, Up with Chris Hayes on MSNBC, The Drive Home with Sly on The Big Oldies WEKZ 93.7 (Monroe, WI), Thom Hartmann, and Jon Wiener on KPFK in Los Angeles.
- It's the Media, Stupid! By John Nichols and Robert W. McChesney. New York: Seven Stories Press, 2000.
- Jews for Buchanan: Did You Hear the One About the Theft of the American Presidency?. By John Nichols with David Deschamps. New York: New Press, 2001.
- Our Media, Not Theirs: The Democratic Struggle Against Corporate Media. By Robert W. McChesney and John Nichols. New York: Seven Stories, 2002.
- Dick: The Man Who Is President / The Rise and Rise of Richard B. Cheney: Unlocking the Mysteries of the Most Powerful Vice President in American History. By John Nichols. New York: New Press, 2004/2005.
- The Genius of Impeachment: The Founders' Cure for Royalism. By John Nichols. New York: New Press, 2006.
- Tragedy & Farce: How the American Media Sell Wars, Spin Elections and Destroy Democracy. By John Nichols and Robert W. McChesney. New York: New Press, 2006
- The Death and Life of American Journalism: The Media Revolution that Will Begin the World Again. By Robert W. McChesney and John Nichols. New York: Nation Books, 2010.
- The "S" Word: a Short History of An American Tradition... Socialism. By John Nichols. New York: Verso, 2011.
- Uprising: How Wisconsin Renewed the Politics of Protest, from Madison to Wall Street. By John Nichols. New York: Nation Books, 2012.
- Dollarocracy: How the Money-and-Media-Election Complex is Destroying America. By John Nichols and Robert W. McChesney. New York: Nation Books, 2013.
- People Get Ready: The Fight Against a Jobless Economy and a Citizenless Democracy. By Robert W. McChesney & John Nichols. New York: Nation Books 2016.
- Falkenstein, Linda (May 25, 2001). "John Nichols: Hey, Comrade". Isthmus. Retrieved November 22, 2012.
- Seven Stories Press
- The Nation -- Washington Correspondent
- U.S. House of Representatives Hearing on “A New Age for Newspapers: Diversity of Voices, Competition and the Internet” April 21, 2009 Archived January 6, 2010, at the Wayback Machine
- "Projects Editor/VP". The Progressive. Retrieved 2 February 2015.
- Still kickin'
- The Beat
- "Jews for Buchanan". The New Press. Retrieved 14 February 2017.
- "Our Media Not Theirs". Seven Stories Press. Retrieved 14 February 2017.
- "The Rise and Rise of Richard B. Cheney". The New Press.
- "People Get Ready". Public Affairs Books.