|Alma mater||Yale University (B.A.)|
New York University
|Occupation||Film director, screenwriter, producer|
|Known for||Kill Your Darlings (2013)|
Krokidas attended Yale University, where he originally enrolled into acting. Krokidas graduated with a B.A. in theater and American studies, as well as a Distinction in the Major. He later attended New York University, where he studied the Graduate Film program. Krokidas has Greek, Italian, and Jewish ancestry. His maternal grandmother was Jewish.
During his time at New York University, Krokidas began directing short films such as Shame No More (1999) and Slo-Mo (2001). After graduation, he signed a three-year contract with film company Miramax Films, having earlier done script coverage for the studio. In 2013, Krokidas directed, co-wrote and produced his first feature film, Kill Your Darlings, starring Daniel Radcliffe.
|1998||Billy Twist||Yes||Short film|
|1999||Shame No More||Yes||Yes||Short film|
|2008||Anatomy of a Socially Awkward Situation||Yes||Short film|
|2013||Kill Your Darlings||Yes||Yes||Yes||Feature film|
|2014||Black Box||Yes||Episodes: "Who Are You", "Exceptional or Dead"|
|2016||Wayward Pines||Yes||Episode: "Once Upon a Time in Wayward Pines"|
- "Kill Your Darlings". Toronto International Film Festival. Archived from the original on October 1, 2013. Retrieved September 29, 2013.
- "John Krokidas – Awards & Bio". Gold Derby. Retrieved September 29, 2013.
- "Director John Krokidas is bringing Beat generation to Sundance". The Pappas Post. January 11, 2013. Archived from the original on October 2, 2013. Retrieved September 29, 2013.
- Mann, Iris (September 6, 2013). "Little-known stories live large on screen". The Jewish Journal. Retrieved October 4, 2013.
- "John Krokidas' movie release date announced". The Pappas Post. June 9, 2013. Archived from the original on October 2, 2013. Retrieved September 29, 2013.
- Fox, Michael (November 22, 2013). "Darlings revisits pivotal year". Jewish Independent. Retrieved September 20, 2014.