John Ken Nuzzo
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
John Ken Nuzzo (ジョン・健・ヌッツォ; born 5 May 1966 in Tokyo) is a Japanese-born Italian tenor.
John Ken Nuzzo
|Website||John Ken Nuzzo Official Website|
John Ken was born in Tokyo. He has a Japanese mother and an American-Italian father.
- 1991 -made his debut in Bach’s B minor Mass with the Master Chorale of Orange County, which was highly acclaimed in Los Angeles Times. performed with Tony Bennett and Shirley Jones as a member of the "Californians"
- 1997 -won first prize in Japan Vocal Competition.
- 1998 -winner of the Japan round of the International Hans Gabor Belvedere Singing Competition Wien.
- 2000 -signed a fest contract and debuted with the Vienna State Opera. He was highly acclaimed by Beuhne Wien for the role of Novice in Britten’s Billy Budd.
- 2001 -awarded the Eberhard Waechter Medal, given annually to the two most promising new artists among the Austrian opera houses. His performance in Vienna was introduced by the Japanese TV documentary program, Jonetsu Tairiku .
- 2002 -made his Salzburg Festival debut as Syphax in Zeminsky’s King Kandaules under the baton of Kent Nagano. invited to sing in NHK’s Red and White Concert, Japan’s longest-running New Year’s Eve Concert on TV, which spread his fame in Japan overnight. Sang the tenor solo in Berlioz Requiem with the NHK Symphony Orchestra under the baton Of Charles Dutoit
- 2003 -awarded the Idemitsu Music Award in Japan. debuted with the Metropolitan Opera under the baton of James Levine. debuted with the Munich Philharmonic Orchestra in the concert version of Fidelio, under the baton of James Levine
- 2004 -sang the theme song of NHK’s historical drama series Shinsengumi. made his second appearance on NHK’s Red and White Concert.
- 2006 -joined TO LIVE 2006 "Children Fighting Cancer Charity Concert", performed with Milva as the first person sang together in Japan
- 2007 -sang Rinuccio in Gianni Schicci at the Metropolitan Opera. made his Pittsburg Opera debut as Nemorino in L’Elisir d’Amore
- 2008 -played Rossillon in Lehar[The Merry Widow] produced by Yutaka Sado. Joint-concert with Milva. sang for The Tale of GENJI Concert with Togi Hideki
- 1985 - A’litalia International Singing Competition, 2nd place.
- 1992 - Los Angeles Young Artists Vocal Competition, 1st place; Los Angeles Opera Guild Competition, 1st place.
- Palm Springs Opera Guild Competition, 3rd place; Pasadena Opera Guild Competition, 1st place; Riverside Opera Guild Competition, 1st place.
- Whittier Chorus Competition, 2nd place; Opera 100 Competition, 1st place; S.A.I. Vocal Competition, 1st place; Orange County Musical Arts Competition, 1st Place.
- 1993 - NATS "Los Angeles Artist of the Year"
- 1997 - Japan Vocal Competition, 1st place.
- 1998 - International Hans Gabor Belvedere Singing Competition Japan, Winner.
- 2001 - Eberhard Waechter Gesangsmedailen Austria 2001, Winner.
- 2003 - Japan Idemitsu Music Award 2003, Winner
- Tenorissimo - Universal Classics& Jazz
- NHK Taiga Historical Drama Shinsengumi! Original Soundtrack- Universal Classics& Jazz
- Treasure Voice - Universal Classics& Jazz
- Petr Turrini/Friedrich Cerha [Der Riese Vom Stenfeld]- ORF
- Zeemlinsky [DER KONIG KANDAULES] Salzburg Festival 2002 -Andante
- Benjamin Britten [Billy Budd] - Orfeo d'or
- Shigaki Saegusa [KAMIKAZE]- Sony Music Japan International
- Giuseppe Verdi [SIMON BOCCANEGRA] - ORF