John Fordham (jazz critic)
John Fordham is a British jazz critic and writer. As well as being the main jazz critic for The Guardian, he publishes a monthly column for the newspaper. He is the author of several books on jazz, and has reported on it for publications including Time Out, City Limits, Sounds, Jazz UK and The Wire. He is a former editor of Time Out, City Limits and Jazz UK. He has contributed to documentaries for radio and television, as well as regularly to BBC Radio 3's programme Jazz on 3.
- 1989: The Sound of Jazz (Hamlyn)
- 1991: Jazz on CD: the essential guide (Kyle Cathie)
- 1993: Jazz (Dorling Kindersley)
- 1995: Jazzman: Biography of Ronnie Scott (Kyle Cathie)
- 1996: Shooting from the Hip: Changing Tunes in Jazz, 1970-95 (Kyle Cathie)
- 1998: Jazz Heroes (Collins & Brown)
- 1999: Story of Ronnie Scott's: the Making of the Man and the Club That Bears His Name (Showtime)
- "Guides To British Jazz History" Archived 2012-12-23 at the Wayback Machine The Jazz Site. Retrieved 15 June 2013.
- "John Fordham's brand new Guardian Take Five Blog", LondonJazz, 26 April 2012.
- Michèle Roberts, Paper Houses: A Memoir of the 70s and Beyond, Little, Brown, 2007.
- John Fordham page, The Guardian.
- John Fordham biography Archived 2014-05-25 at the Wayback Machine, Jazz Services.