John Bradley West(Redirected from John Bradley-West)
John Bradley West (born September 15, 1988), credited professionally as John Bradley, is an English actor, best known for his role as Samwell Tarly in the HBO fantasy TV series Game of Thrones.
|John Bradley West|
Bradley West in 2016
15 September 1988
Wythenshawe, Manchester, England
|Other names||John Bradley
|Alma mater||Manchester School of Theatre|
Early life and educationEdit
Growing up in Manchester, Bradley West did not have a friend that was a boy until he was 12 years old. As a young boy, Bradley West was obsessed with the Spice Girls, specifically Ginger Spice. "A lot of people ask, 'Why did you get into acting?'" Bradley West said on the show Wiki What? to host Josh Gondelman. 'Genuinely I said to myself when I was about 8 years old, 'I have to get famous in order to meet Geri Halliwell.'"
Bradley West attended St Paul's Roman Catholic High School. In 2005, he began attending Loreto College in the Hulme area of Manchester, where he studied Drama and Theatre Studies. He graduated from Loreto in 2007. He received a BA (Hons), Acting at the Manchester School of Theatre at Manchester Metropolitan University, graduating in 2010.
Bradley West's big break was in the 2011 HBO fantasy TV series Game of Thrones playing the character Samwell Tarly, a part that was his first audition, three months after he graduated from drama school. His character is a friend of Kit Harington's Jon Snow and provides occasional comic relief, especially in season 1. As the series has progressed, Bradley West's Tarly has developed significantly.
One reviewer called him "a wonderful comedic and cowardly yin to Jon's dour yang". George R. R. Martin said that the character that Bradley West portrays is the character he would be, if he were on the show.
John Bradley-West is a fictitious name usage that Bradley West created in drama school. His real and birth name is John Bradley West, with no hyphen.
|2012||Anna Karenina||Austrian Prince||Uncredited|
|2016||Grimsby||Fan in Pub|
|2016||The Last Dragonslayer||Gordon|
|2017||American Satan||Ricky Rollins|
|2011–present||Game of Thrones||Samwell Tarly||Main Role; 42 episodes
Nominated – Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series (2011, 2013–15)
|2011||Borgia||Giovanni di Lorenzo de' Medici||5 episodes|
|2012||Merlin||Tyr Seward||Episode: "A Lesson in Vengeance"|
- Fire and Blood (3 June 2011). "Interview with John Bradley". Winter is Coming.
- Wigler, Josh (17 July 2017). "'Game of Thrones': John Bradley Describes Shooting Premiere's Filthiest Scene". The Hollywood Reporter.
- Miller, Matt; Gondelman, Josh; Bradley West, John (8 September 2017). "'Game of Thrones' Star John Bradley Reveals His Actual Name in This Hilarious Video (Wiki What? #2)". Esquire.
- "Former Pupils: John Bradley West". Saint Paul’s Catholic High School.
- "Alumni - Loreto College". Loreto College.
- "A "Game of Thrones"". Loreto College. 23 March 2011.
- "From Wythenshawe to Westeros: Met Magazine meets the alumnus behind Game of Thrones character Samwell Tarley". Met Magazine. Manchester, England: Manchester Metropolitan University (3): 14–19. Spring 2017.
- Ashdown, N (2010). "Manchester School of Theatre – Alumni – Graduates 2010 – John Bradley-West". Manchester School of Theatre.
- Handler, Chelsea; Bradley West, John (23 July 2017). "John Bradley Explains Game of Thrones" (Video interview). Chelsea. Netflix.
- Hoare, James (13 March 2012). "Game of Thrones Season 2: Samwell Tarly is "going to change"". SciFiNow.
- Elio (11 March 2011). "Interview with John Bradley". Westeros.org.
- Wigler, Josh (5 July 2016). "'Game of Thrones': John Bradley on the "Success Story" of Samwell Tarly". The Hollywood Reporter.
- Collins, Sean T. (19 July 2017). "Game of Thrones’ John Bradley on Sam’s Morality, Cleaning Bedpans, and Fake Poop". Vulture.
- Bradley, Bill (15 June 2015). "'Game Of Thrones' Actor John Bradley Calls Shocking Death 'Heartbreaking'". The Huffington Post.
- Singh, Ti (21 June 2011). "Game of Thrones episode 10 review: Fire And Blood: season finale". Den of Geek.
- Hall, Matthew T. (July 28, 2014). "If George R.R. Martin were in 'Game of Thrones,' this is how he'd die". The San Diego Union-Tribune.
- "John Bradley Showreel 2016". Shepherd Management. 13 July 2016.
- "Closely Observed Trains" (Radio play). BBC Radio Salford. 29 August 2015.
- Bennion, Chris (4 April 2016). "Game of Thrones' Sam Tarly: 'This is the end for Jon Snow and Sam' - Q&A". The Daily Telegraph.
- Sheen, Tom (17 July 2017). "Game of Thrones stars Gendry and Samwell meet Manchester United players at pre-season training in LA". The Sun.
- Scherzinger, Nicole; Dommet, Joel; Bradley West, John (28 October 2015). "Game of Thrones Star John Bradley Amazing Drumming | Bring The Noise" (Video). Bring the Noise. Sky 1.