John Bradley (English actor)(Redirected from John Bradley-West)
Bradley in 2017
|Born||John Bradley West
15 September 1988
Wythenshawe, Manchester, England
|Alma mater||Manchester School of Theatre|
Early life and educationEdit
In 2005, he began attending Loreto College in the Hulme area of Manchester, where he studied Drama and Theatre Studies. He graduated from Loreto in 2007. He received a BA (Hons), Acting at the Manchester School of Theatre, graduating in 2010.
Bradley's big break was in the 2011 HBO fantasy TV series Game of Thrones playing the character Samwell Tarly, a part that was his first audition, three months after he graduated from drama school. His character is a friend of Kit Harington's Jon Snow and provides occasional comic relief, especially in season 1. As the series has progressed, Bradley's Tarly has developed significantly.
One reviewer called him "a wonderful comedic and cowardly yin to Jon's dour yang". George R. R. Martin said that the character that Bradley portrays is the character he would be, if he were on the show.
|2012||Anna Karenina||Austrian Prince||Uncredited|
|2016||Grimsby||Fan in Pub|
|2016||The Last Dragonslayer||Gordon (adult)||Miss Strange's new assistant|
|2017||American Satan||Ricky Rollins|
|2011–present||Game of Thrones||Samwell Tarly||Main Role; 42 episodes
Nominated – Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series (2011, 2013–15)
|2011||Borgia||Giovanni di Lorenzo de' Medici||5 episodes|
|2012||Merlin||Tyr Seward||Episode: "A Lesson in Vengeance"|
- Fire and Blood (3 June 2011). "Interview with John Bradley". Winter is Coming.
- Wigler, Josh (17 July 2017). "'Game of Thrones': John Bradley Describes Shooting Premiere's Filthiest Scene". The Hollywood Reporter.
- "Former Pupils: John Bradley West". Saint Paul’s Catholic High School.
- "Alumni - Loreto College". Loreto College.
- "A "Game of Thrones"". Loreto College. 23 March 2011.
- "From Wythenshawe to Westeros: Met Magazine meets the alumnus behind Game of Thrones character Samwell Tarley". Met Magazine. Manchester, England: Manchester Metropolitan University (3): 14–19. Spring 2017.
- Ashdown, N (2010). "Manchester School of Theatre – Alumni – Graduates 2010 – John Bradley-West". Manchester School of Theatre.
- Handler, Chelsea; Bradley West, John (23 July 2017). "John Bradley Explains Game of Thrones" (Video interview). Chelsea. Netflix.
- Hoare, James (13 March 2012). "Game of Thrones Season 2: Samwell Tarly is "going to change"". SciFiNow.
- Elio (11 March 2011). "Interview with John Bradley". Westeros.org.
- Wigler, Josh (5 July 2016). "'Game of Thrones': John Bradley on the "Success Story" of Samwell Tarly". The Hollywood Reporter.
- Collins, Sean T. (19 July 2017). "Game of Thrones' John Bradley on Sam's Morality, Cleaning Bedpans, and Fake Poop". Vulture.
- Bradley, Bill (15 June 2015). "'Game Of Thrones' Actor John Bradley Calls Shocking Death 'Heartbreaking'". The Huffington Post.
- Singh, Ti (21 June 2011). "Game of Thrones episode 10 review: Fire And Blood: season finale". Den of Geek.
- Hall, Matthew T. (July 28, 2014). "If George R.R. Martin were in 'Game of Thrones,' this is how he'd die". The San Diego Union-Tribune.
- "John Bradley Showreel 2016". Shepherd Management. 13 July 2016.
- "Closely Observed Trains" (Radio play). BBC Radio Salford. 29 August 2015.
- Bennion, Chris (4 April 2016). "Game of Thrones' Sam Tarly: 'This is the end for Jon Snow and Sam' - Q&A". The Daily Telegraph.
- Sheen, Tom (17 July 2017). "Game of Thrones stars Gendry and Samwell meet Manchester United players at pre-season training in LA". The Sun.
- Scherzinger, Nicole; Dommet, Joel; Bradley West, John (28 October 2015). "Game of Thrones Star John Bradley Amazing Drumming | Bring The Noise" (Video). Bring the Noise. Sky 1.