Joey Pollari (born April 9, 1994) is an American actor who became well known for his role as Tyler in the Disney XD first original movie Skyrunners, which premiered in 2009. In 2015, he played Eric Tanner on ABC's second season of American Crime, and in 2018, appeared in the film Love, Simon, as Lyle, one of Simon's potential boyfriends.
Pollari was born in Minnesota. He started his acting career when he attended a scouting event in downtown Minneapolis with his mother. He received callbacks the next day from agents who wanted to represent him. Pollari took acting lessons from the Stagecoach Theatre Arts. Pollari has appeared in stage productions at the Guthrie Theater in Minneapolis, the Ordway Center for the Performing Arts in Saint Paul, and the SteppingStone Theatre for Youth Development, also in Saint Paul. He is openly gay, having come out at eighteen to friends and family.
On April 30, 2006, Pollari appeared as a newsboy in "The Hen House", an episode of the police procedural television series Cold Case. The Walt Disney Company cast him in Skyrunners, a 2009 Disney XD Original Movie about two brothers who stumble upon a spaceship that is sought after by the FBI agents and space aliens. The film, which was shot in New Zealand, premiered on Disney XD on November 27, 2009. Pollari was 15 years old when it first aired. His co-star in the film, Kelly Blatz, a long-time friend of Pollari, said Pollari grew "like a foot taller and his voice changed and everything" during the filming of Skyrunners. Joey currently resides in Hollywood. In 2014, Pollari co-starred beside YouTuber Joey Graceffa in a short film called Ethereal, a short film that Graceffa made and posted on his channel on October 16.
|2009||Skyrunners||Tyler Burns||Disney XD Original Movie|
|2010||Avalon High||Miles||Disney Channel Original Movie|
|2012||Profile of a Killer||David Jenks||Indie Thriller Movie|
|2006||Cold Case||Newsboy||Episode: The Hen House|
|2012||Up All Night||Mark||Episode: I Can't Quit You|
|2012||The Inbetweeners||Will McKenzie||Regular; 12 episodes|
|2014||Saint George||Tanner Whitman||4 episodes|
|2014||Major Crimes||Wesley Grant||Episode: Party Foul|
|2016||American Crime||Eric Tanner||Season Two|
- Justin, Neal (2009-11-26). "A Twin Cities teenager hopes a new Disney movie will rocket him to fame". Star Tribune. Minneapolis, Minnesota. Archived from the original on June 6, 2011. Retrieved 2009-11-30.
- "Love, Simon's Joey Pollari: Every Love Story Is a Coming Out Story". 2018-03-13. Retrieved 2018-03-13.
- "Cold Case - TV Series - Seasons and Episodes". The New York Times. New York City, New York City. Archived from the original on March 30, 2012. Retrieved 2009-11-30.
- Bentley, Rick (2009-11-27). "Music is at center of two new Disney XD programs". The Tribune. San Luis Obispo, California. Retrieved 2009-11-30.[dead link]
- "Skyrunners Movies". Scholastic Blog. 2009-11-27. Archived from the original on 2009-11-30. Retrieved 2009-12-04.
- Brious, Bill (2009-11-26). "Calif.-raised "Skyrunner" star Blatz settles in to life in Toronto". The Canadian Press. Retrieved 2009-11-30.
- "Love, Simon's Joey Pollari: Every Love Story Is a Coming-Out Story". 13 March 2018.