Joel Douek is a film and television composer. His documentary works include Galapagos 3D about life on the Galápagos Islands, The Wildest Dream about Mount Everest, and Flying Monsters 3D about the pterosaurs. In addition to documentaries, he has also provided the music to the English adaptations of anime such as Yu-Gi-Oh! The Movie, cartoons such as Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles as well as live-action films such as The Tall Man and the BBC series First Life with Sir David Attenborough. In 2010, he received a nomination for Best Original Score for a Documentary Feature at the International Film Music Critics Association (IFMCA) for his work on The Wildest Dream.
Film and televisionEdit
|2010||The Wildest Dream||Nominated–Best Original Score for a Documentary Feature, IFMCA|||
|2010||Flying Monsters 3D|
|2011||The Bachelor King 3D||Trailer|
|2012||Kingdom of Plants 3D|
|2012||The Tall Man|||
|2013||Across All Borders||Original Score||short film|||
Anime and cartoonsEdit
|2004||Yu-Gi-Oh! The Movie: Pyramid of Light||Music|||
|Shaman King||Original Music|||
|Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles||Fox TV|
|Ultimate Muscle||Fox TV|
|Incredible Crash Test Dummies||Fox TV|
- Compositions for anime shows are for the English production
- "California Science Center's film 'Galapagos 3D,' exhibit 'Ecosystems' explore nature's wonderland". www.sgvtribune.com. October 10, 2014. Retrieved March 15, 2015.
- "Flying Monsters 3D: Film Review". www.hollywoodreporter.com. October 3, 2011. Retrieved March 15, 2015.
- "A Mountain View". www.nytimes.com. August 5, 2010. Retrieved March 15, 2015.
- "Joel Douek - ONE TRACK MUSIC". joeldouek.com. Archived from the original on 2015-08-15. Retrieved 7 July 2015.
- "The Tall Man (Todd Bryanton, Joel Douek and Christopher Young)". moviescoremedia.com. Retrieved 2016-03-01.
- "David Attenborough's First Life - BBC Two". BBC. Retrieved 2016-03-01.
- "IFMCA: the International Film Music Critics Association - 2010 IFMCA Awards". filmmusiccritics.org. Retrieved 7 July 2015.
- "Film and Television featured scores". JoelDouek.com. Archived from the original on 2015-08-15. Retrieved 8 July 2015.
- "The Wildest Dream". Atlantic Productions. Retrieved 8 July 2015.
- "The Tall Man [Original Film Soundtrack] - Todd Bryanton,Joel Douek,Christopher Young - Songs, Reviews, Credits, Awards - AllMusic". AllMusic. Retrieved 8 July 2015.
- "California Science Center's film 'Galapagos 3D,' exhibit 'Ecosystems' explore nature's wonderland". sgvtribune.com. Retrieved 8 July 2015.
- "Across All Borders". Across All Borders. Retrieved 8 July 2015.
- Moreano, Keir (March 3, 2013). Across All Borders - A Documentary. YouTube.
- "Anime featured scores". JoelDouek.com. Archived from the original on 2015-08-15. Retrieved 8 July 2015.
- Kehr, Dave (August 13, 2004). "Film Review: For Movie and Its Marketing, A Marriage of Convenience". New York Times.
- Beck, Jerry (2005). The Animated Movie Guide. Chicago Review Press. p. 323. ISBN 9781569762226.
- Browning, John Edgar; Picart, Caroline Joan (Kay) (2010). Dracula in Visual Media: Film, Television, Comic Book and Electronic Game Appearances, 1921-2010. McFarland. p. 164. ISBN 9780786462018.
- Official website
- Joel Douek at Anime News Network's encyclopedia
- Interview with Joel Douek[permanent dead link]
|This article about a British composer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about one or more people who work in the anime industry is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|