Joel Benton (May 29, 1832 – September 15, 1911) was an American writer, poet and lecturer.
May 29, 1832
Amenia, New York, US
|Died||September 15, 1911 (aged 79)|
Poughkeepsie, New York, US
|Notable works||Emerson As A Poet|
The Truth About Protection
Greeley on Lincoln
In the Poe Circle
The Life of Phineas T. Barnum
As well as producing poetry, he wrote Emerson As A Poet (1882), The Truth About Protection (1892), Greeley on Lincoln (1893), In the Poe Circle (1899) and The Life of Phineas T. Barnum.
- Adams, Arthur G., The Hudson River in Literature: an Anthology (1980)
- Works by Joel Benton at Project Gutenberg
- The Life of Phineas T. Barnum at Project Gutenberg
- Works by or about Joel Benton at Internet Archive
- "Benton, Joel (1832-1911)". The Vault at Pfaff's. Lehigh University. Retrieved 2018-04-21.
|This biographical article about an American poet born in the 1830s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|