JobServe Ltd is a private company headquartered in Tiptree, Essex, United Kingdom, which runs an employment website, job adverts being placed on the site on behalf of employers and employment agencies. It is part of the Aspire Media Group Ltd.
|Founded||August 1993, 23Tiptree, Essex, UKin|
|Europe, Australia, North America|
|Robbie Cowling, Co-founder and Managing Director|
|Parent||Aspire Media Group|
Founded by Robbie Cowling, an Information Technology (IT) contractor and his business partner John Witney, it was originally incorporated as Fax-Me-Limited in 1993 and later changing its name to JobServe Ltd. in 1995.
The company says the concept arose as the United Kingdom was rising out of recession in the 1990s and a problem area was identified with the IT workforce attempting to inefficiently find jobs through advertisements in recruitment magazines which would frequently turn out to be out of date. The company says it sought to address this on 4 May 1994 by the launch of a jobs-by-email service to send a daily and up to date list of targeted positions to job seekers. The company says it first created its website presence later in 1994 and it also claims this was the world's first recruitment website.
By 2001 it had become a dominant force in the market with observers being of the opinion it controlled up to 80% of the IT recruitment market.[a] This had led to litigation when it refused to accept advertisements from agencies associated with rival companies.
In 2003 Jobserve became the first dot.com company to be selected for the Queen's Awards for Enterprise. The year also say Cowling buy out Witney with Jobserve moving into £1 million new premises in Tiptree.
By 2006 Jobserve was covering not only the IT sector but was covering 17 industry sectors in total.
JobServe is currently managed by its co-founder Robbie Cowling and USA division, Richard Padgett. As of November 2017[update] the company claims jobs-by-email still remained significant with a claim of 1.2 million job subscription emails being sent per day.
Locations and partnersEdit
Jobserve and its parent, Aspire Media Group, has partnerships with a number of other brands.
The company has had involvements with local team Colchester United F.C. and has also placed shirt sponsorship on Premier League West Ham United F.C.. In 2018 Jobserve won a competitive tender for the right for the Colchester Community Stadium to be named the Jobserve Community Stadium.
- The Telegraph did not explicitly define the catchment area size, a one possibility is it was United Kingdom that was implied
- At some point Jobserve must have moved under the holding company but a precise date is not known
- Aspire Media Group (28 November 2019). "Aspire Media Group". Aspire Media Group. Archived from the original on 17 May 2019. Retrieved 28 November 2019.
- Bingemann, Mitchell (8 May 2006). "JobServe transforms applicants into employees with Alchemy - Computerworld". Archived from the original on 27 November 2019. Retrieved 27 November 2019.
- Companies House (13 March 2019a). "Aspire Media Group Limited Limited". Companies House. Previous names. Archived from the original on 28 November 2019. Retrieved 28 November 2019.
- Companies House (23 August 2019b). "Jobserve Limited". Companies House. Previous names. Archived from the original on 27 November 2019. Retrieved 27 November 2019.
- Jobserve (1 August 2017). "The Company". Jobserve. Archived from the original on 1 August 2017. Retrieved 28 November 2019.
- Jobserve (2019). "Partners". Jobserve. Archived from the original on 28 November 2019. Retrieved 28 November 2019.
- Telegraph Staff (4 February 2001). "Jobserve in the dock". Telegraph. Archived from the original on 10 August 2017. Retrieved 27 November 2019.
- Williams, Nixon (13 May 2004). "Sunday Times Rich List - Jobserve hits £100m". Contractor UK. Archived from the original on 27 November 2019. Retrieved 27 November 2019.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Jobserve.|