Joan Gardner (British actress)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2019)
Joan Gardner (born Joan Gardener, October 26, 1914 – September 17, 1999) was a British actress.
26 October 1914
Chesham, Buckinghamshire, England, UK
|Died||17 September 1999 (aged 84)|
(m. 1930; died 1961)
Gardner was born in Chesham, Buckinghamshire. She made her stage debut immediately on leaving school and by age 18 had achieved success there. She was seen by Alexander Korda (her future brother-in-law) who signed her to a five-year film contract at London Film Productions, with Wedding Rehearsal being her film debut as one of the Roxbury twins.
- Wedding Rehearsal (1932)
- Men of Tomorrow (1932)
- The Man Outside (1933)
- Love at Second Sight (1934)
- The Rise of Catherine the Great (1934)
- The Private Life of Don Juan (1934)
- The Scarlet Pimpernel (1934)
- Barnacle Bill (1935)
- The Man Who Could Work Miracles (1936)
- Forget Me Not (1936)
- Wings Over Africa (1937)
- Dark Journey (1937)
- The Rebel Son (1938)
- The Challenge (1938)
- "Joan Gardner". BFI.
- "Joan Gardner | Biography, Movie Highlights and Photos". AllMovie.