Joan Antoni Solans Huguet
Huget graduated from the University of Barcelona in 1965. He was essentially devoted to urban planning, he was the director of the works of the General Metropolitan Plan of Barcelona, and from 1977 to 1980 he was delegate of Urban Planning Services to the City Council of Barcelona. From 1980 to 1997 he was General Director of Town Planning of the Generalitat de Catalunya during the government of Jordi Pujol and vice president of the Institut Català del Sòl between 1988 and 2000, when he resigned. He was the architect of the new territorial planning of Catalonia and some cities.
His theoretical contributions and his teaching experience have influenced subseauent generations of city planners. In 2003 he received the Cross of St. George. Since 2004 he was a member of the Reial Acadèmia Catalana de Belles Arts de Sant Jordi, being its president since 15 June 2011. Since 2005 he was a member of the Institute for Catalan Studies.
- Muere en accidente de tráfico el exdirector de Urbanismo de la Generalitat, Joan Antoni Solans (in Spanish)
- Solans abandona por su total desacuerdo con la política de la Generalitat (in Spanish)
- El hombre que ha dibujado Cataluña (in Spanish)
- Joan Antoni Solans, el centinela del urbanismo catalán (in Spanish)
- Solans i Huguet, Joan Antoni (in Spanish)
- L’arquitecte Joan Antoni Solans, elegit nou president de la Secció de Ciències i Tecnologia de l’IEC (in Catalan)
- Muere atropellado el exdirector de Urbanismo de la Generalitat Joan Antoni Solans (in Spanish)