Joško Battestin (born 14 March 1918) is a retired Slovene electrical engineer, inventor, physics teacher and author of a number of books on experiments in physics, many aimed at aiding the understanding of the subject by secondary school students.
|Born||March 14, 1918|
|Awards||Levstik Award |
1965 for Mikroskop Pionir
Amongst his publications is a book on graphology, expanding on the theories of Ludwig Klages that Battestin published in 2008 at the age of 91. In 1965 he won the Levstik Award for his book Mikroskop Pionir (The Pioneer Microscope). He turned 100 in March 2018.
Selected published worksEdit
- Osnove grafologije (The Basics of Graphology), 2008 (also published in French in 2011, Les bases de la graphologie)
- Preskusi iz optike (Experiments in Optics), 2004
- Preskusi iz mehanike (Experiments in Mechanics), 1994
- Optika – osnove in meritve (Optics – the Basics and Measurements), 1991
- Fizikalni praktikum I – mehanika, zvok in valovanje (The Physics Lab I – mechanics, sound and waves), 1985
- Fizikalni praktikum II – elektrika in magnetizem (The Physics Lab II – electricity and magnetism), 1983
- Mikroskop pionir (The Pioneer Microscope), 1963
|This article about a Slovenian scientist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|