Crease played for Berwick Rangers and Albion Rovers in the Scottish Football League. He has since managed Albion Rovers, Arniston Rangers, Fauldhouse United, Linlithgow Rose and he has had four spells as manager of Berwick Rangers.
Crease first managed Berwick between 1992 and 1994. He then managed Albion Rovers, but resigned from that position in December 1995. Following a spell managing Junior teams in the East of Scotland Junior League, he returned to Berwick in 2005 as general manager. Following the resignation of John Coughlin in October 2007, Michael Renwick in April 2008 and Alan McGonigal in November 2008, he acted as caretaker manager. Following the resignation of McGonigall he said that he would only act as a caretaker but it was announced on 20 December 2008 that he would retain the managers position until the end of the 2008-09 season. Berwick reached the fourth round of the 2010–11 Scottish Cup, where they lost 2–0 to eventual winners Celtic. They also defeated Partick Thistle in the 2011–12 Scottish League Cup, but Crease left the club in October 2011 after Berwick was beaten in a 2011–12 Scottish Cup tie by Deveronvale.
Crease is back at the rose following the sacking of mark bradley in 2019 as a caretaker manager until they appoint someone new. 
- BERWICK RANGERS : 1955/56 - 2007/08, Newcastle Fans.
- ALBION ROVERS : 1946/47 - 2007/08, Newcastle Fans.
- FOOTBALL ROUND UP, The Independent, 23 December 1995.
- "Jimmy Crease steps down as manager of Berwick Rangers". BBC Sport. BBC. 27 October 2011. Retrieved 29 October 2011.
- "Crease takes over as manager". Berwick Today. Retrieved 26 December 2008.
- "No ill will to Berwick, says former boss Jimmy Crease". BBC Sport. BBC. 27 October 2011. Retrieved 29 October 2011.
- Thomson, Scott (8 May 2017). "Jimmy Crease is a man on a mission at Linlithgow Rose". www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com. Retrieved 8 May 2017.
|This biographical article related to a football association in Scotland is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|