Jim Norton & Sam Roberts is an American radio show hosted by Jim Norton and Sam Roberts that began airing in October 2016. The show originates from New York City and airs live on weekday mornings on Faction Talk, an uncensored channel on the subscription-based satellite radio service SiriusXM. The show is also available on-demand through the SiriusXM app.
|Running time||Monday–Thursday ET (8:00 am – 11:00 am)|
|Country of origin||United States|
|Home station||Sirius XM Faction Talk 103|
|Original release||October 4, 2016– present|
In early 2001, Norton became a co-host of Opie and Anthony on WNEW in New York City, with hosts Gregg "Opie" Hughes and Anthony Cumia. He first appeared on the show in 2000 with Andrew Dice Clay during his time opening for him on tour and became a regular guest and sat in on some shows. On July 3, 2014, the show, then broadcasting on SiriusXM satellite radio, ended after Cumia was fired for posting a series of "racially charged" tweets following an alleged off-air incident with a black woman on the street. Hughes and Norton then became hosts of Opie with Jim Norton, which aired until September 2016.
Roberts began his radio career on WERW (student radio) at Syracuse University before interning on the Opie and Anthony radio show on XM Satellite Radio on June 13, 2005, based in New York City. In 2006, he became the show's associate producer, followed by producer in January 2010. In April 2011, Roberts became the host of the pre and post Opie and Anthony radio show, and became the show's executive producer in February 2014. From June 2015 to October 2016, Roberts hosted Sam Roberts' Show.
In October 2016, growing differences between Hughes and Norton led to Hughes hosting The Opie Radio Show in afternoons and Norton and Roberts doing Jim Norton & Sam Roberts as the new morning show. While Hughes parted ways with SiriusXM, in October 2018, the hosts renewed their contracts to continue the show for another three years. Beginning October 15, 2018, the show's start time moved from 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 a.m and now runs for four hours. In 2021, the start time moved back to 8:00 AM after 1.5 years of remote radio. As of July 2021, the main show cast is back in the studio. They signed extensions on their contracts to last through December 2021. They re-signed through the year of 2025.
On October 11, 2016, Norton and Roberts had Nancy Grace as a guest and accused her of capitalizing on the tragedy of others for her personal gain. They also addressed her handling of wrestler The Ultimate Warrior's death, and the Duke lacrosse case. Norton admitted during the interview that he had disliked her for some time, and said Grace had blocked him on Twitter. Grace, in defense, stated that she was a crime victim herself, and left the show early, arguing that Norton and Roberts did not ask her one decent question. Grace addressed her appearance the following day on The View and called Norton and Roberts "Beavis and Butt-head". She claimed that she had held back tears during the interview and described the appearance as "hell for me".
In November 2017, Jim Norton and Sam Roberts made news again with the interview of Jon Bernthal. Bernthal described Kevin Spacey, who had faced recent sexual assault charges, of making him uncomfortable on the set of Baby Driver. Bernthal stated that he "lost all respect" for Spacey and that "he was a bit of a bully".
In January 2019, Jim Norton & Sam Roberts conducted the final interview with Roger Stone before his arrest.
- ^ Brawley, Eddie (4 April 2016). "Jim Norton is at the Peak of His Career (and That Makes Him Paranoid)". Esquire. Retrieved 8 October 2017.
- ^ a b Leopold, Todd (July 4, 2014). Opie & Anthony's' Anthony Cumia fired over tweets. CNN.
- ^ Anthony Cumia confirms he'll launch new Internet-based show from his home after SiriusXM firing. New York Daily News. Retrieved on July 9, 2014.
- ^ "Sirius radio host Sam Roberts building his own brand". am New York. Retrieved 2016-10-18.
- ^ SiriusXM's Opie And Jim Norton Split Up, And It's A Little Messy
- ^ King, Scott (30 October 2018). "SiriusXM Gives Jim Norton And Sam Roberts New Deal". Forbes. Retrieved 25 January 2019.
- ^ "Jim & Sam on Twitter". Retrieved 10 October 2018.
- ^ "Jim & Sam on Twitter". Retrieved 1 December 2021.
- ^ Nancy Grace Storms Out of Radio Interview After Accused of ‘Capitalizing on Dead Kids’ (Video)
- ^ Nancy Grace Has Heated Exchange With Radio Hosts Over Wrestler Deaths, Walks Out Of Interview
- ^ Nancy Grace walked out of an interview after being accused of exploiting dead kids, because facts are hard
- ^ Nancy Grace walks out of interview about her exploiting dead children
- ^ SEE IT: Nancy Grace storms out of interview after radio hosts accuse her of ‘capitalizing on dead kids’
- ^ Nancy Grace Walks Out After Interviewers Ask Why She 'Capitalized On Dead Kids'! See Her Heated Response!
- ^ Nancy Grace Explains Why She Walked Out of Radio Interview Where Hosts Accused Her of 'Capitalizing' on Dead Kids
- ^ Nancy Grace Storms Out of Interview, Tells The View She ‘Almost Started Crying’
- ^ "Kevin Spacey Was 'A Bit Of A Bully' On Set Of Baby Driver, According To Costar Jon Bernthal". Retrieved 2017-11-16.
- ^ "Jon Bernthal: Kevin Spacey Was 'Big Bully' on 'Baby Driver' Set". Us Weekly. 2017-11-08. Retrieved 2017-11-16.
- ^ Sharf, Zack (8 November 2017). "Jon Bernthal 'Lost All Respect' For Kevin Spacey on 'Baby Driver' Set | IndieWire". www.indiewire.com. Retrieved 2017-11-16.
- ^ "In Interview Before Arrest, Stone Says Mueller Still Has 'No Evidence' Of Crimes". 25 January 2019. Retrieved 11 February 2019.