Jill Whalen was a search engine optimization (SEO) consultant, speaker and writer. Whalen was CEO of High Rankings, and co-founder of Search Engine Marketing New England (SEMNE). She was a regular speaker at Search Engine Strategies Conferences. High Rankings included a top-rated SEO discussion forum.
Whalen has been quoted as an authority by major publications including The Wall Street Journal, and Inc. She has also written search engine optimization articles for business websites including ClickZ and Search Engine Land.
Whalen was a stay-at-home mother with three children when she started an online parenting chat room. When the chat room became so popular that the members, who lived across the nation, wanted a website to house their forums, Whalen "began by examining listings that came up when entering a phrase such as 'parenting chat,' and then made sure those words were incorporated into her page. From there, she learned how to program and began experimenting."
On October 30, 2013, Whalen announced her retirement from SEO.  She is currently devoting her time to transformation of body, mind and spirit and assisting others with lifestyle and business change. 
- Wendy Boswell. "The Top Ten Search Engine Optimization Forums on the Web". about.com. Retrieved 2007-09-11.
- Mangalindan, Mylene (June 16, 2003). "Playing the Search-Engine Game". The Wall Street Journal. Retrieved 2007-09-11.
- "When Sales Hit a Wall". inc.com. August 1, 2004. Retrieved 2007-09-11.
- "Writing and Ranking for the Search Engines". clickz.com. March 7, 2001. Retrieved 2007-09-11.
- "Duplicate Content Penalty Myth". searchengineland.com. March 15, 2007. Retrieved 2007-09-11.
- Susan Chaityn Lebovits (September 23, 2007). "Finding keys to the Web". The Boston Globe.
- "Boston SEO Services". Sunday, 22 October 2017
- Whalen, Jill. "The Video Game of Parenting". Parentsroom.org, accessed October 28, 2011.