Jill Morris ) is a senior British diplomat who is currently the British Ambassador to Italy and non-resident British Ambassador to San Marino, succeeding Christopher Prentice. She is the first female to hold this post.(born 1967
|Her Majesty's Ambassador to Italy|
|Assumed office |
|Prime Minister||Theresa May|
|Preceded by||Christopher Prentice|
|Born||1967 (age 53–54)|
Chester, Cheshire, England
|Alma mater||Southampton University |
Morris joined the Foreign and Commonwealth Office in 1999. She has had several postings in Europe and within the United Kingdom. On 13 June 2015, during the Birthday Honours, Morris was appointed Companion of the Order of St Michael and St George for services to British foreign policy when serving as Director for Europe.
In December 2015, it was announced that Morris was to be appointed the British Ambassador to Italy and San Marino in July 2016.
- Tom Kington (November 26, 2016). "Meet the model ambassador who sells British fashion to style-conscious Italians". The Times. Retrieved April 1, 2019.
- "Change of Her Majesty's Ambassador to Italy and San Marino". Foreign and Commonwealth Office. 1 December 2015. Retrieved 26 November 2016.
- "Meet the model ambassador who sells British fashion to style-conscious Italians". The Times. 26 November 2016. Retrieved 26 November 2016.
- "THE FUTURE OF BRITISH-ITALIAN RELATIONS". The British Italian Society. Retrieved 13 August 2017.
- "Jill Morris CMG". Foreign and Commonwealth Office. Retrieved 26 November 2016.
- "No. 61256". The London Gazette (Supplement). 13 June 2015. p. B4.