Jhok Siyal is a Pakistani television series first broadcast on Pakistan Television Corporation. It was based on a novel by Shabbir Shah with screenplay was written by Munnu Bhai, and directed by Yawar Hayat Khan. The series was the on-screen debut of Abid Ali, who played the leading role in the series. Set in rural Punjab, the series revolves around feudalism. It aired in 1973.
|Original title||جھوک سیال|
|Based on||Jhok Siyal|
by Shabbir Hussain
|Written by||Munnu Bhai|
|Directed by||Yawar Hayat Khan|
|Country of origin||Pakistan|
|Producer||Yawar Hayat Khan|
- "Munnu Bhai – A Legend in His Lifetime!". 2 February 2018.
- "TV producer Yawar Hayat dies". Dawn. 4 November 2016. Retrieved 25 December 2022.
- "Remembering the legend Abid Ali on his death anniversary". Bol News. 5 September 2020.
- "A director of dreams". The News. 13 November 2016.
But the first transition to such themes and scale was also initiated by Yawar Hayat in Jhok Siyal.
- "The Herald". 1991.
- "Media Asia". 1991.
- Sarwat Ali (15 September 2019). "The true Pakistani character". www.thenews.com.pk. Archived from the original on 2 May 2021. Retrieved 25 December 2022.