Jesse Johnson (actor)
Jesse Wayne Johnson
December 7, 1982
Los Angeles, California, U.S.
|Occupation||Actor, singer, screenwriter|
|Relatives||Dakota Johnson (paternal half-sister)|
Life and careerEdit
Johnson was born on December 7, 1982 in Los Angeles to actors Don Johnson and Patti D'Arbanville, and was raised in Aspen, Colorado. His parents separated when he was three years old. He has seven half-siblings, which includes actress and model Dakota Johnson.
In 2001, Jesse made his acting debut in a guest appearance of the CBS television series Nash Bridges, in the episode "Quack Fever". In 2003, he appeared as Young Lt. Benjamin Tyson in the made-for-television film Word of Honor.
In 2007, he made his feature film debut as Jason in the 2007 film Redline, starring alongside Nathan Phillips and Eddie Griffin. The film was released April 13, 2007 and debuted at #11 on the US Box Office Chart and earned $6.8 million worldwide. The film's critical reaction was extremely negative. One critic called it "idiotic".
Also in 2007, he began filming a low budget independent Australian horror film called Prey. The film, starring Natalie Bassingthwaighte, had a limited release in Australia. Labelled a box office bomb, it earned a lifetime gross of just over A$700.00  and was panned by critics. Jake Wilson, reviewing the film for The Age in May, 2009, said: "A film that aims so low and fails so miserably deserves nothing but contempt". The DVD was released in October 2009, both in Australia by Paramount in 2010, and in the US by Xenon in 2011.
Jesse starred as Damon in the Paramount Digital Entertainment-produced Circle of Eight, which aired exclusively on Myspace.com. Alongside Rachel Hunter, he appeared in the independent film My Life: Untitled (released in 2010) as Bobby.[needs update] He also starred in the indie comedy Head Over Spurs in Love (2010) as Bubba.
In 2012 he starred in the Spanish TV series of Con el culo al aire, in the role of Bobby, a young American from a billionaire's family.
His most recent work was in the National Geographic Channel's airing of Killing Lincoln (2013), in which he portrayed John Wilkes Booth – the actor who assassinated the 16th American president, Abraham Lincoln. His performance has been received with good reviews, with many considering it to be his "breakout role".[needs update]
He played the 'Young Earl McGraw' in season 2 of the El Rey series From Dusk Till Dawn aired in September 2015.
- Twin Peaks (TV) (2017)...Younger Man
- Grey's Anatomy (TV) (2014) Season 10 Episode 18: You Be Illin... Logan Treadwell
- Killing Lincoln (2013) (TV)... John Wilkes Booth
- Con el culo al aire (2012) (TV)... Bobby
- ¿Para qué sirve un oso? (2011)... Vicent
- Head Over Spurs in Love (2010)... Bubba Weston
- My Life: Untitled (2010)... Bobby
- Circle of Eight (2009)... Damon
- Prey (2009)... Gus
- Redline (2007)... Jason
- Word of Honor (2003) (TV)... Young Lt. Benjamin Tyson
- Nash Bridges (2001) (TV)... Bobby's Son
- Coates, Jon. "Jesse Johnson is trying to escape his dad's shadow". Daily Express. Express Newspapers. Retrieved December 26, 2016.
- "Redline". Rotten Tomatoes. Rotten Tomatoes. Retrieved 2 April 2015.
- "The Fast and the Foolish". Detroit Free Press. Detroit Free Press. Retrieved 2 April 2015.
- "Australian Box Office Report" (PDF). Film Victoria. Film Victoria. Archived from the original (PDF) on 9 February 2014. Retrieved 2 April 2015.
- "Australian Horror Films P282". Google Books. Google Books. Retrieved 2 April 2015.