Jesse Giddings is a Canadian musician, designer, actor, artist and photographer born in Langley, British Columbia and went to high school at Langley Secondary School. He was formerly a VJ starting in 2009 at MuchMusic, a music television station in Canada.
Hannah Simone (m. 2016)
Early life and careerEdit
Jesse studied at Langley Secondary School but left shortly after graduating. He then moved to San Clemente, California before settling in Sacramento, California for a while. Later Jesse moved back to Langley, British Columbia and started The Basement Venue promoting, emceeing and hosting All-Age concerts. This led Jesse to join Swingset Champion and where he met Sherwood who he later did a North American tour with The Academy Is..., Armor For Sleep, Cobra Starship, and The Rocket Summer . This led him to join We Shot The Moon for a brief stint. After touring Jesse moved to Calgary where he worked for Lakota drilling as a roughneck before jumping to Toronto to pursue a job at MuchMusic. He got back into modeling  while waiting through the nine-month audition process at MuchMusic. He caught the attention of the station's producers in an open casting call where he beat out thousands for the coveted position. He started his VJ job at MuchMusic on October 20, 2009. He co-hosted regularly on MuchMusic's flagship show New.Music.Live. and when it was formerly known as Much On Demand. Jesse co-hosted the 2012 MuchMusic Video Awards with LMFAO and in 2011 with Selena Gomez.
As a musician, he has played with indie bands such as Swingset Champion and We Shot the Moon. Jesse finished his upcoming solo album with producer Gavin Brown (Metric, Billy Talent, Three Days Grace) which he has yet to release.
Jesse is a big supporter of Free The Children and has hosted more than 15 WeDay events across Canada in the last 3 years. Co-hosting with such personalities as Joe Jonas and Nina Dobrev and speakers that include Martin Sheen, Al Gore, Mikhael Gorbachev, Magic Johnson, the Dalai Lama, Archbishop Desmond Tutu, Larry King, Richard Branson and Mia Farrow to name a few. WeDay is the largest non profit motivational event for youth in North America. Jesse' dedication recently took him to Kenya to assist in the hands-on building of a school for local children there.
On August 7, 2013, Giddings was named a correspondent on E! News.
- "Giddings Facebook" Check
|url=value (help). Facebook. March 22, 2015. Retrieved March 22, 2015.[permanent dead link]
- "TVWeekONline: Jesse Giddings lands dream gig as Much Music's newest VJ". Archived from the original on 2011-07-06. Retrieved 2010-04-26.
- "Elite Models: Jesse Giddings photos". Archived from the original on 2011-07-10. Retrieved 2010-04-26.
- "ChannelCanada: MuchMusic announces its newest VJ Jese Giddings". Archived from the original on 2010-02-07. Retrieved 2010-04-26.
- Straight.com: Vancouver VJ Jesse Giddings has much to celebrate
- "ChartAttack: Jesse Giddings is MuchMusic's new VJ". Archived from the original on 2010-01-06. Retrieved 2010-04-26.
- Jesse Gidding's This Life as a MuchMusic VJ blog
- ""E! News" Names Ali Fetodowsky and Jesse Giddings as Correspondents". The Futon Critic. August 7, 2013. Retrieved August 8, 2013.