Jeremy Langford (American football)
Jeremy Langford (born December 6, 1991) is an American football running back who is currently a free agent. He played college football at Michigan State, and was drafted by the Chicago Bears in the fourth round of the 2015 NFL Draft.
December 6, 1991 |
|Height:||6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)|
|Weight:||211 lb (96 kg)|
|High school:||Westland (MI) Glenn|
|NFL Draft:||2015 / Round: 4 / Pick: 106|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2017|
He was also on the school's track & field team, where he competed as a sprinter. At the 2010 Huron Relays, he placed 7th in the 60 meters at 7.11 seconds. He was timed at 10.6 seconds in the 100 meters as a high school junior.
Langford was red-shirted as a freshman in 2010. As a red-shirt freshman in 2011, he was a backup running back and played special teams, recording a sack and a touchdown on a fumble return. In 2012, he was a backup to Le'Veon Bell, rushing nine times for 23 yards. As a junior in 2013, he started all 14 games, rushing for 1,422 yards on 292 carries with 18 touchdowns. As a senior, he rushed for a career-high 1,522 yards on 276 carries and recorded 22 touchdowns, tying the school record set by Javon Ringer in 2008. In the 2015 Cotton Bowl versus Baylor, he rushed for 162 yards on 27 carries and three touchdowns, helping lead the Spartans to a 42–41 victory.
- Career statistics
|Ht||Wt||Arm length||Hand size||40-yard dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert jump||Broad||BP|
|6 ft 0 in
|31 1⁄2 in
|8 3⁄4 in
|4.42 s||1.55 s||2.58 s||4.32 s||7.22 s||34 1⁄2 in
|9 ft 10 in
|All values from NFL Combine/Michigan State's Pro Day|
He entered training camp competing with Jacquizz Rodgers, Senorise Perry, and Ka'Deem Carey for the backup running back position. Langford was named the Bears' third running back on their depth chart behind veterans Matt Forte and Jacquizz Rodgers to begin the regular season. During the Chicago Bears season opener against the Green Bay Packers, he received his first career carry for one-yard. The next game, he had six carries for 21 yards while scoring his first career rushing touchdown on a one-yard run against the Arizona Cardinals.
Throughout the first seven games of the season, Langford had a light workload, backing up long-time Bears running back Matt Forte. In Week 8, against the Minnesota Vikings, he had a season high 12 carries for 46 rushing yards after Forte left the game with a knee injury.
Langford received his first career start on November 9, 2015, filling in for injured veteran Matt Forte against the San Diego Chargers, gaining 73 rushing yards on 20 carries and a rushing touchdown, as well as 70 receiving yards on three catches which included a 23-yard gain, and a 31-yard catch, helping the Bears come back in the fourth quarter and win the Week 9 match-up, 23–20.
Langford opened up the 2016 season as the Bears starting running back. He started the first three games before suffering an ankle sprain in Week 3, causing him to miss several weeks. During that time, rookie Jordan Howard had emerged as the starting running back in his absence. Langford returned to action in Week 8, however Howard kept the starting job the rest of the season, demoting Langford to the No. 2 back. He finished the season with 200 rushing yards and four touchdowns, along with 19 receptions for 142 yards.
On September 5, 2017, Langford was signed to the Baltimore Ravens' practice squad. On September 14, 2017, Langford was promoted to the active roster after an injury to Danny Woodhead. However two days later, Langford was waived by the Ravens and re-signed back to the practice squad. He was released by the team on September 27, 2017.
New York JetsEdit
On December 8, 2017, the New York Jets signed Langford to a one-year, $630,000 contract to join their practice squad. He signed a reserve/future contract with the Jets on January 10, 2018. He was waived on April 13, 2018.
Langford was raised by his mother, Shamine Langford, and his father, Jeffrey Langford.
- "Jeremy Langford's (Westland, MI) Football Stats – MaxPreps". MaxPreps.com. November 8, 2015.
- "Huron Relays". Mich Track XC.
- "Jeremy Langford". yahoo.com.
- "Drew Sharp: RB Jeremy Langford's resilience mirrors Michigan State's program". Detroit Free Press.
- "Jeremy Langford goes from overlooked recruit to Spartans' closer". lansingstatejournal.com. Archived from the original on 2014-05-28.
- "Rose Bowl: Michigan State's Jeremy Langford waited for his turn". latimes.
- "Bigger, stronger Jeremy Langford looks to break more long runs for Michigan State next season". MLive.com.
- "Michigan State shocks Baylor in Cotton Bowl on late comeback". NFL.com.
- "NFL Events: Combine Player Profiles – Jeremy Langford". nfl.com. Retrieved December 16, 2016.
- "2015 NFL draft total breakdown: Bears draft RB Jeremy Langford in 4th – Chicago Bears Blog – ESPN". ESPN.com.
- "Spotrac.com: Jeremy Langford contract". Retrieved April 14, 2018.
- "Ourlads.com: Chicago Bear's Depth Chart". Ourlads.com. Retrieved December 22, 2016.
- "Langford Will Give Team Glimpse of the Future in Week 9". Bleacher Report. Retrieved 2015-12-28.
- "Alshon Jeffery up, Jeremy Langford down in Bears' loss to Vikings". ESPN.com. Retrieved 2015-12-28.
- "Bears Jeremy Langford turns on the jets for 23-yard gain". NFL.com. Retrieved 2016-02-11.
- "Jeremy Langford makes leaping 31-yard catch". NFL.com. Retrieved 2016-02-11.
- "Prime Time: Bears RB Jeremy Langford goes off vs. Chargers - Chicago". Chicago. Archived from the original on December 16, 2015. Retrieved 2015-12-28.
- "Bears Jeremy Langford bursts up the middle for 1-yard TD". NFL.com. Retrieved 2016-02-11.
- "Bears' Jeremy Langford: Gains 83 yards rushing in Week 16 victory - CBSSports.com". CBSSports.com. Retrieved 2015-12-28.
- "Bears beat Bucs to snap 3-game skid". www.chicagobears.com. Retrieved 2015-12-28.
- Mayer, Larry (September 3, 2017). "Bears claim three players off waivers". ChicagoBears.com.
- Mink, Ryan (September 5, 2017). "Ravens Complete Practice Squad With Four Signings". BaltimoreRavens.com.
- Mink, Ryan (September 14, 2017). "Ravens Place Danny Woodhead On Injured Reserve, Bring Up Jeremy Langford". BaltimoreRavens.com.
- Mink, Ryan (September 16, 2017). "Ravens Swap Running Backs and Cornerbacks Ahead of Sunday's Game". BaltimoreRavens.com.
- Mink, Ryan (September 19, 2017). "Ravens Sign Two Offensive Linemen to 53-Man Roster". BaltimoreRavens.com.
- Mink, Ryan (September 27, 2017). "Ravens Sign Veteran Linebacker Jonathan Freeny". BaltimoreRavens.com.
- Greenberg, Ethan (December 8, 2017). "Jets Activate Rookie CB Jeremy Clark". NewYorkJets.com.
- "Jets sign running back Jeremy Langford to reserve/future deal". Newsday.com. January 10, 2018.
- Greenberg, Ethan (April 13, 2018). "Jets Waive Four Players". NewYorkJets.com.