|Occupation||Former Executive Director at IGDA|
After beginning her career working with Brian Reynolds and Sid Meier at Microprose Software in 1992, she joined AOL in 1996, where she became Programming Director for the Games Channel. She went on to become Vice President and General Manager of Games at Comcast Corporation, and the Chair of the Board of Directors for the International Game Developers Association. In March, 2008 she joined 38 Studios as Senior Vice President of business development, and moved into the position of CEO in the same company on August, 2009. MacLean left the 38 Studios upon its bankruptcy in 2012; dating her departure to March 2012, when she took a leave of absence. As an executive director at the IGDA, MacLean joined Amazon and became the director of their worldwide business development. She has stated that her main goal is to work with small to medium sized game developers and that her new position will allow her to help with the development of the different stages within Amazon Web Services, Alexa, Twitch Prime, and Amazon.com
She is a frequent speaker at interactive entertainment industry events, and has earned a BA in International Relations from the Johns Hopkins University and an MBA with a concentration in International Business from the Columbia Business School. MacLean was named one of the "Game Industry's 100 Most Influential Women" by Next Generation and one of the top 20 Women in Games by Gamasutra.
- "IGDA Appoints Jen MacLean Permanent Executive Director." International Game Developers Association. Retrieved December 28, 2018.
- "Jen MacLean Steps Down as IGDA Executive Director." International Game Developers Association. Retrieved July 18, 2019.
- "38 Studios Appoints Jennifer MacLean as CEO" (Press release). 38 Studios. 21 August 2009. Archived from the original on 28 May 2012. Retrieved 18 May 2012.
- Bye, Cody (6 April 2008). "38 Studios: An Interview with Jennifer MacLean, VP of Business Development". Master Games International. Retrieved 11 September 2008.
- "Board of Directors". International Game Developers Association. Archived from the original on 3 May 2008. Retrieved 11 September 2008.
- Brady, Shirley (12 June 2006). "Q&A With Jennifer MacLean: Comcast's Guru of Fun and Games". Access Intelligence LLC. Retrieved 11 September 2008.
- Nesi, Ted (23 May 2012). "38 Studios loses CEO and high-profile VP, LinkedIn suggests". WPRI-TV.
- "Ex-IGDA chief Jen MacLean joins Amazon Game Tech to run business development". VentureBeat. 16 April 2019. Retrieved 6 November 2019.
- Cherbak, Fiona (11 September 2006). "Game Industry's 100 Most Influential Women". Edge Magazine. Retrieved 18 May 2012.
- Ruberg, Bonnie (21 May 2008). "Women in Games: The Gamasutra 20". Gamasutra. Retrieved 18 May 2012.
|This business-related biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|