Jen Lowe is an American data scientist and professor at New York University's Interactive Telecommunications Program (ITP). Lowe has also researched at Columbia University's Spatial Information Design Laboratory, as well as co-founding the School for Poetic Computation in New York. She is a member of the collective Deep Lab.
- One Human Heartbeat, a project in which Lowe visualized her heartbeat in semi- real time. The data was on a 24-hour delay to allow for data upload, but it played in real time. The piece was described as "hopeful."
- Wind Flow
- Guayupia, a collaboration with Patricio González Vivo. The two created a map of their son's genealogy and heritage, flipping the typical direction of maps so South was at the top.
- The Library Project, a collaboration between Laura Kurgan and the Spatial Information Design Lab, and visualization designers Annelie Berner and Derek Watkins.
- Brownstone, Sydney (2014-04-08). "This Woman's Online Heartbeat Will Make You Think About Big Data And The Quantified Self". Fast Company. Retrieved 2021-03-22.
- "A Creative Coding School Run By Artists Opens In New York". www.vice.com. Retrieved 2021-05-13.
- "Founding Members". Deep Lab. Retrieved 2021-05-13.
- "The All-Women Hacker Collective Making Art About the Post-Snowden Age". www.vice.com. Retrieved 2021-05-13.
- "STET | Clearing space". stet.editorially.com. Retrieved 2021-04-02.
- "One Human Heartbeat: The Pulse Of A Person, On The Web 24/7". Popular Science. 2019-03-18. Retrieved 2021-05-13.
- Yau, Nathan (2014-03-26). "Human heartbeat". FlowingData. Retrieved 2021-05-13.
- Wind Flow, retrieved 2021-04-02
- "Patricio González Vivo & Jen Lowe - Guayupia". Territory. Retrieved 2021-05-13.
- Mattern, Shannon (2017-09-26). "Mapping's Intelligent Agents". Places Journal (2017). doi:10.22269/170926.
- spatialinformationdesignlab.org http://spatialinformationdesignlab.org/project_sites/library/. Retrieved 2021-05-13. Missing or empty
- "Columbia University Library's collection visualised". Visualising Data. 2014-11-04. Retrieved 2021-05-13.
- "The Book of Shaders". The Book of Shaders. Retrieved 2021-04-02.
- Mayor, Shane D.; Lowe, Jennifer P.; Mauzey, Christopher F. (2012-11-01). "Two-Component Horizontal Aerosol Motion Vectors in the Atmospheric Surface Layer from a Cross-Correlation Algorithm Applied to Scanning Elastic Backscatter Lidar Data". Journal of Atmospheric and Oceanic Technology. 29 (11): 1585–1602. Bibcode:2012JAtOT..29.1585M. doi:10.1175/JTECH-D-11-00225.1. ISSN 0739-0572.
This article needs additional or more specific categories. (May 2021)