Jeff Greason is the CEO and co-founder of Agile Aero, Inc., a company targeting rapid prototyping capabilities for aerospace vehicles. He also serves as CTO of Electric Sky and chairman of the board of the Tau Zero Foundation.
|Alma mater||California Institute of Technology|
|Known for||XCOR Aerospace, Agile Aero|
Greason has been active in the development of the regulatory environment for the commercial space flight industry. He has worked with the FAA’s Office of Commercial Space Transportation (AST) since 1998, has served on the advisory group to AST, COMSTAC as a member of the working group on reusable launch vehicles (RLV) since 2000, and as an invited full member of COMSTAC since 2005. He was one of the leaders of the development of the Commercial Space Launch Amendment Act of 2004. He co-founded the Commercial Spaceflight Federation (formerly Personal Spaceflight Federation).
Greason was named a member of the Review of United States Human Space Flight Plans Committee on May 7, 2009. Since then he has given a number of speeches on space policy and space settlement.
In July 2003, Greason testified before the joint House/Senate subcommittee hearings on Commercial Human Spaceflight that addressed the transition from aircraft regulation to launch vehicle regulation for suborbital vehicles.
He is one of the founders of XCOR Aerospace and was its CEO from 1999 through February 2015, after which he served as chief technologist. In November 2015 Greason left XCOR with two other founders to form Agile Aero. He was a member of the XCOR board of directors until he resigned in March 2016 and no longer has any connection with XCOR Aerospace.
Honors and patentsEdit
- "Agile Aero, Inc". Retrieved November 25, 2015.
- "XCOR founders to stay in Midland with latest project". Midland Reporter-Telegram. Retrieved July 13, 2017.
- "Electric Sky, Inc". Retrieved April 14, 2019.
- "Tau Zero Foundation". Retrieved March 7, 2018.
- Jeff Greason (2014). Captains of Our Fate (speech). International Symposium for Personal and Commercial Spaceflight (ISPCS).
- Jeff Greason (2014). Private Industry and Economic Use of Space (speech). Ideacity.
- Jeff Greason (2012). Space Policy: The 20 Year Plan (speech). International Space Development Conference.
- Jeff Greason (2011). A Settlement Strategy for NASA (speech). International Space Development Conference.
- Jeff Greason (2011). Making Space Pay and Having Fun Doing It (speech). TEDx.
- "Ensuring the Safety of Human Spaceflight". One Hundred Eleventh Congress. US Government Printing Office. 2 December 2009. Retrieved 6 October 2015.
- "XCOR Aerospace Announces Jay Gibson as new Chief Executive Officer" (Press release). XCOR Aerospace. March 16, 2015. Retrieved November 25, 2015.
- "Founders Stepping Back Marks New Phase in XCOR Lynx Development" (Press release). XCOR Aerospace. November 23, 2015. Retrieved November 25, 2015.
- "XCOR Announces New Board of Directors" (Press release). XCOR Aerospace. March 30, 2016. Archived from the original on April 5, 2016. Retrieved March 30, 2016.
- Hamilton, Anita (Aug 9, 2002). "Best of the Rest". Time. Retrieved 6 October 2015.
- "US Patent Collection". Patent Database Search. United States Patent and Trademark Office. Retrieved 7 March 2018.