Jean Wallace (born Jean Walasek or Wallasek, October 12, 1923 – February 14, 1990) was an American television and film actress.
Jean Wallace in The Big Combo
October 12, 1923
|Died||February 14, 1990 (aged 66)|
(m. 1941; div. 1948)
Jim Lloyd Randall
(m. 1950; annul. 1950)
(m. 1951; div. 1981)
Wallace married her Jigsaw co-star Franchot Tone on October 18, 1941, in Yuma, Arizona. They divorced in 1948. They had two sons, Pascal "Pat" Franchot Tone (born July 29, 1943, and Thomas Jefferson Tone born September 16, 1945.
She was also married to former US Army Captain Jim Lloyd Randall (marriage and annulment in 1950), and to actor Cornel Wilde (her co-star in The Big Combo, Lancelot and Guinevere) from 1951, and Beach Red to 1981. She and Wilde had one son, Cornel Wilde, b. December 19, 1967).
|1941||Ziegfeld Girl||Ziegfeld girl||Uncredited|
|Louisiana Purchase||Louisiana Belle|
|1943||Salute for Three||Hostess offering Buzz apple from basket|
|1944||You Can't Ration Love||Madge|
|1946||It Shouldn't Happen to a Dog||Bess Williams|
|1947||Blaze of Noon||Poppy|
|1948||When My Baby Smiles at Me||Sylvia Marco||Uncredited|
|1949||Jigsaw||Barbara Whitfield||Alternative title: Gun Moll|
|The Man on the Eiffel Tower||Edna Wallace|
|1950||The Good Humor Man||Bonnie Conroy|
|1951||Native Son||Mary Dalton||Alternative title: Sangre negra|
|1954||Star of India||Katrina||Alternative title: Stella dell'India|
|1955||The Big Combo||Susan Lowell|
|1957||The Devil's Hairpin||Kelly James|
|1963||Lancelot and Guinevere||Guinevere||Alternative title: Sword of Lancelot|
|1967||Beach Red||Julie MacDonald||Appears in flashback photos; sings the title song|
|1970||No Blade of Grass||Ann Custance||(Last appearance)|
|1952||Schlitz Playhouse of Stars||1 episode|
|1955||General Electric Theater||Leslie Mason||1 episode|
- Joseph F. Clarke (1977). Pseudonyms. BCA. p. 168.
- Migrants, Immigrants, and Slaves: Racial and Ethnic Groups in America By Thompson Dele Olasiji. p.118.
- "Franchot Tone Weds 18 Year Old Chicago Actress in Arizona". Chicago Tribune. Illinois, Chicago. Associated Press. October 19, 1941. p. 1. Retrieved November 13, 2018 – via Newspapers.com.
- "Tone, Russell Pierced by Dart". Argus-Leader. South Dakota, Sioux Falls. Associated Press. October 19, 1941. p. 1. Retrieved November 13, 2018 – via Newspapers.com.
- Folkart, Burt A. (February 17, 1990). "Jean Wallace; Film Star, Wife of Late Cornel Wilde". The Los Angeles Times. California, Los Angeles. p. A 36. Retrieved November 13, 2018 – via Newspapers.com.
- "Franchot Tone's Ex-Wife Jean Wallace Stabs Self". The Los Angeles Times. California, Los Angeles. November 21, 1949. p. 1. Retrieved November 13, 2018 – via Newspapers.com.
- Fowler, Glenn. The New York Times. Obituary, "Jean Wallace, 66, Screen Actress Known for 1940's and 50's Roles", February 18, 1990. Accessed: July 25, 2013.
- Motion Picture and Television Magazine, November 1952, page 33, Ideal Publishers
- NNDB. 2013 Soylent Communications. Accessed: July 25, 2013.