Jarir Bookstore (Arabic: مكتبة جرير) is a Saudi Arabian establishment founded by Abdulrahman Nasser Al-Agil. In its early years, the bookstore dealt in used books and art sold by expats living in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. Since then; it has grown to be the largest retailer of books and consumer electronics in Saudi Arabia. In 2003, the company had undergone an initial public offering and a third of its shares is currently traded on Tadawul the Saudi stock exchange.
|Founded||July 9, 1979|
Number of locations
|Saudi Arabia 48|
|Mohammed Bin Abdulrahman Al-Agil (Chairman)|
Abdulkarim Bin Abdulrahman Al-Agil (CEO)
|Services||Books and Electronic Retail|
|Revenue||3,779,222 SAR (30/06/2019)|
|402,819 SAR (30/06/2019)|
|Total assets||3,883,246 SAR (30/06/2019)|
Jarir is active in the Middle East for consumer IT products, Electronics, Office supplies and Books.
In 2017: Jarir was recognized as the 7th “Most Valuable Retail Brand” in Saudi Arabia (BRANDZ Top 20 Most Valuable Saudi Arabian Brands).
In 2018: Jarir figured in the “Top 100 Listed Companies” in the Arab World (Forbes, Middle East).
- Saudi Arabia: 48 Showrooms;
- Kuwait: 4 Showrooms;
- Qatar: 3 Showrooms;
- UAE: 3 Showrooms
The headquarter is located in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
- "About Jarir". Jarir Bookstore. Retrieved 2019-11-12.
- "BrandZ Saudi Arabia Top 20, 2017" (PDF). BrandZ. Retrieved 2019-11-12.
- "Top 100 Listed Companies in the Arab World 2018". Forbes Middle East. 2018-06-18. Retrieved 2019-11-12.
- "Arabian Business".
- "معارض مكتبة جرير". www.jarir.com (in Arabic). Retrieved 25 August 2019.