Jared Moshe is an American-born director, screenwriter and producer of independent films. He wrote and directed the feature Westerns Dead Man's Burden (2012) and The Ballad of Lefty Brown (2017). He has also produced the features Destricted (2006), Kurt Cobain: About a Son (2006), Low and Behold (2007), Beautiful Losers (2008), Corman's World: Exploits of a Hollywood Rebel (2011), and Silver Tongues (2011).
Moshe began his producing career with Kurt Cobain: About a Son, which premiered at the 2006 Toronto Film Festival and was nominated for an Independent Spirit Award. The film was produced under Moshe's Sidetrack Films banner, a financing and production company. Among the other films produced by Moshe at Sidetrack were Low and Behold, which premiered at the 2007 Sundance Film Festival, and Beautiful Losers, which played at the 2008 SXSW Film Festival and 2008 Locarno Film Festival.
Under his Stick! Pictures banner, Moshe executive produced Corman's World: Exploits of a Hollywood Rebel, a feature length documentary exploring the career of Hollywood director Roger Corman. Interviewed celebrities include Robert De Niro, Quentin Tarantino, Jack Nicholson, Martin Scorsese, and Ron Howard, among others. The film was shown at the 2011 Sundance Film Festival and the 2011 Cannes Film Festival. It was distributed by A&E.
He also produced Silver Tongues, starring Lee Tergesen and Enid Graham. At the 2011 Slamdance Film Festival, Silver Tongues was given the Audience Award for Best Narrative Film, and was also nominated for an Independent Spirit Award. The movie was released by Virgil Films.
Moshe made the transition to writer-director with the feature Western Dead Man's Burden, starring Clare Bowen, David Call, and Barlow Jacobs. The film premiered at the 2012 Los Angeles Film Festival. It was released theatrically by Cinedigm.
- Source: IMDb, https://www.imdb.com/name/nm1474337/
- Harris, Brandon. "Jared Moshe on Dead Man's Burden | Filmmaker Magazine". Filmmaker Magazine. Retrieved 2017-01-27.
- Busch, Anita (2016-09-08). "'The Ballad Of Lefty Brown' To Star Bill Pullman, Jim Caviezel And Peter Fonda". Deadline. Retrieved 2017-01-27.
- "Jared Moshe". IMDb. Retrieved 2017-01-27.
- "Spring All-Academic Selections Announced - NESCAC". www.nescac.com. Retrieved 2017-01-27.
- "Jared Moshe". Amherst College. Retrieved 2017-01-27.
- Source: Rolling Stone, https://www.rollingstone.com/movies/news/at-the-toronto-film-festival-kurt-cobain-narrates-his-own-bio-film-from-the-grave-20060911
- Indiewire. "INDUSTRY MOVES: Moshe Joins Sidetrack Films | IndieWire". www.indiewire.com. Retrieved 2017-01-27.
- Harvey, Dennis (2007-01-30). "Review: 'Low And Behold'". Variety. Retrieved 2017-01-27.
- Inc., POV | American Documentary. "'Beautiful Losers' at SXSW". POV's Documentary Blog. Retrieved 2017-01-27.
- Elley, Derek (2007-07-11). "Locarno Intl. Film Festival 2007 lineup". Variety. Retrieved 2017-01-27.
- Source: https://variety.com/2011/film/markets-festivals/corman-s-world-exploits-of-a-hollywood-rebel-1117944467/
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2011-01-06. Retrieved 2011-01-29.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- Source: New York Times, https://www.nytimes.com/2011/05/20/arts/20iht-CANNES20.html?pagewanted=all
- Knegt, Peter. "A&E IndieFilms Takes TV Rights To "Corman's World" | IndieWire". www.indiewire.com. Retrieved 2017-01-27.
- Source: IMDb, https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1580021
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2011-01-30. Retrieved 2011-02-04.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "Independent Spirit Awards - Slamdance". slamdance.com. Retrieved 2017-01-27.
- Catsoulis, Jeannette (2013-05-02). "'Dead Man's Burden,' Directed by Jared Moshé". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 2017-01-27.
- Walsh, Katie. "L.A. Film Fest Review: 'Dead Man's Burden' Is A Stunningly Shot, Slow Burner Of A Classic, Yet Modern Western | IndieWire". www.indiewire.com. Retrieved 2017-01-27.
- mthiele. ""DEAD MAN'S BURDEN" - - Cinedigm Entertainment". www.newvideo.com. Retrieved 2017-01-27.
- McNary, Dave (2016-09-07). "Bill Pullman, Jim Caviezel Starring in Western 'Ballad of Lefty Brown' (EXCLUSIVE)". Variety. Retrieved 2017-01-27.