Jan Hofer (born 31 January 1950 or 1952 in Büderich), is a German journalist, broadcast news analyst and television presenter. He is the anchor and managing editor of the news programme Tagesschau on Das Erste.
|Born||31 January 1950|
Hofer studied Business economics in Cologne between 1970 and 1974. During his studies he gained initial experience as intern at a radio station. Following his studies, he worked at various regional radio and TV stations before joining the Tagesschau in 1985. He became the managing editor in 2004.
In addition to his work as news anchor, Hofer hosted the NDR Talk Show from 1989 to 1991. Following this, he has been the German commentator of the Eurovision Song Contest from 1992 to 1994. On the regional station MDR he also hosted the talk show Riverboat between 1992 and 2012. Hofer has four children. In 2018, he married his long-time partner Phong Lan with whom he has a son Henry (b. 2015).
- "Jan Hofer: Glückwunsch zum 58., 59. oder 60.?". Saarbrücker Zeitung (in German). 29 January 2010. Retrieved 12 June 2018.
- Berlin, Berliner Morgenpost -. "Jan Hofer feiert Geburtstag – doch welchen?" (in German). Retrieved 2017-11-05.
- Nikolei, Klaus. "Wesel: Der Lehrherr von Jan Hofer". RP ONLINE. Retrieved 2017-11-05.
- "'Tagesschau'-Chefsprecher Jan Hofer hat heimlich geheiratet". Hamburger Abendblatt (in German). dpa, moi. 1 May 2019. Retrieved 1 May 2019.
- "Diese Promis schummeln bei ihrem Alter". stern.de (in German). 2016-04-28. Retrieved 2017-11-05.