He is known for his children's cartoon series Bunny VS. Monkey, running in The Phoenix, created originally by Smart for a TV show. Other strips he has worked on at The Phoenix include Megalomaniacs, Battlesuit Bea and Looshkin.
He was instrumental in the design of the October 2010 revamp of The Dandy and designing the new logos. For the revamp, Smart drew Desperate Dan, Pre-Skool Prime Minister, Arena of Awesome, My Dad's a Doofus (as well as many others) with reprints of My Own Genie and Space Raoul later being used. His blue blobs have been part of The Dandy cover since October 2010 and appeared in The Digital Dandy during its run.
For the final print edition of The Dandy on its 75th anniversary, Jamie Smart drew the special cover as well as drawing My Own Genie, My Dad's a Doofus, Pre-Skool Prime Minister and My Teacher's a Walrus in the Top 75 Countdown. A reprint from The Arena of Awesome was also used.
Smart drew The Numskulls and Kingo Bango for the relaunched Digital Dandy until its demise. Smart also appeared regularly in The Beano drawing puzzle pages and took over drawing Roger the Dodger from Barrie Appleby, which as of April 2014, he no longer draws. He also drew a new strip for the comic called El Poco Loco in 2013.
In October 2019, Smart's first illustrated novel, Flember: The Secret Book was released by David Fickling Books, which had previously published his collections of "Bunny VS Monkey" and "Looshkin". This was followed by the release of Flember: The Crystal Caves and Flember: The Glowing Skull
List of published comicsEdit
- Space Raoul ~ Funday Times/The Dandy
- Bear ~ Slave Labour Graphics
- Bohda Te ~ Slave Labour Graphics
- Ubu Bubu ~ Slave Labour Graphics
- Desperate Dan ~ The Dandy
- The DFC Olympics ~ The DFC
- Fish-Head Steve ~ The DFC
- Count Von Poo ~ Toxic magazine
- Pre-Skool Prime Minister ~ The Dandy
- The Arena of Awesome ~ The Dandy
- Thingummyblob ~ The Dandy
- Bunny VS. Monkey ~ The Phoenix
- Mega-Lo-Maniacs ~ The Dandy
- My Dad's A Doofus ~ The Dandy
- My Teacher's a Walrus ~ The Dandy
- The Numskulls ~ The Digital Dandy
- Kingo Bango ~ The Digital Dandy
- Roger the Dodger ~ The Beano
- El Poco Loco ~ The Beano
- Corporate Skull ~ Webcomic
- Looshkin - (2018)The Phoenix ISBN 9781788450034
- Battlesuit Bea - The Phoenix
- Find Chaffy - (2011) ISBN 9781448772629
List of published novelsEdit
- "INTERVIEW: The Dandy artist and writer Jamie Smart". Creative Bloq. Retrieved 14 September 2012.
- "Jamie Smart interview: Bear, Desperate Dan, The Dandy and more". Den of Geek. 15 January 2009. Retrieved 8 April 2022.
- "Bunny vs Monkey". Publishers Weekly. 26 October 2015.
- "Bunny vs. Monkey". Kirkus Reviews. 14 October 2015. Retrieved 11 April 2022.
- Napier, Claire NapierClaire. "Fuzzy Fury: Should My Kids Be Reading 'Bunny Vs. Monkey'?". ComicsAlliance. Retrieved 8 April 2022.
- Morris, Steve (5 July 2013). "The Phoenix Presents: Jamie Smart on Bunny Vs Monkey!". The Beat. Retrieved 8 April 2022.
- Fortune, Ed (26 March 2021). "Jamie Smart | BUNNY VS MONKEY: THE HUMAN INVASION". Starburst Magazine.
- Smart, Jamie (14 August 2012). "Why The Dandy still matters". The Guardian. Retrieved 14 September 2012.
- Kardwell, Mark. "The Dandy debate continues: a time of opportunity?". Comic Book Resources. Retrieved 14 September 2012.
- "Moose Kid Comics – The Jamie Smart Interview". Geek Syndicate. 30 June 2014. Retrieved 8 April 2022.
- "The Dandy, The Phoenix And The MooseKid: An Interview With Jamie Smart". Bleeding Cool News And Rumors. 15 March 2013. Retrieved 8 April 2022.
- "Crowdfunded campaign delivers free comics to sick kids". Wired UK. ISSN 1357-0978. Retrieved 8 April 2022.
- Smart, Jamie. "Flember - The Secret Book". Flember, by Jamie Smart (development blog). Retrieved 10 February 2020.
- "David Fickling Books | Authors | Jamie Smart". www.davidficklingbooks.com. Retrieved 10 February 2020.
- "Find Chaffy". Publishers Weekly.
- "David Fickling Books - Item Details". www.davidficklingbooks.com. Retrieved 10 February 2020.
- "David Fickling Books - Item Details". www.davidficklingbooks.com. Retrieved 16 January 2021.